How do I turn OFF timer in Status bar?

The timer being in that status bar is extremely annoying. It is too easy to touch it and enter the timer screen, pause it, etc. I just want it gone but cannot find a setting for this. Surely Apple gives us a way to turn this off...

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 4:07 PM

Long press the timer in the status bar, you will get a pop up. After the pop up click the close button. This should resolve the issue without a restart or any additional actions.

10 replies

Sep 16, 2023 11:17 PM in response to gatehealing

I do not see a Timer in the Status Bar of the iPhone SE (1st Gen), iPhone 8, or iPhone 12 Pro.

To improve understanding of the phenomenon, it would be highly beneficial if you could share a screenshot. Visual representations carry greater impact than written descriptions.

Please remember that this is a public forum, so when attaching a screenshot, please avoid including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

How do I turn OFF timer in Status bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.