Why won't my Mac allow new emails to be received by me? Should I delete email icon and start over?

I have contacted my email provider and they haven't been able to help. Im not a computer wizard at all. I have had this Mac for 8 years and have never had to mess with anything on it. I can login on my phone and get to mail, but Mac won't accept the password. It says that the password is incorrect.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 10:40 AM

Things happen, and password rejection is not all that uncommon.

No, you cannot fix it by deleting an icon.

I suggest you remove the mail account completely and recreate it from scratch using the web server's correct data.

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The process is exactly the same as when you originally created the account. The screens may have changed but the process is the same.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 10:40 AM in response to HairDeeva

Things happen, and password rejection is not all that uncommon.

No, you cannot fix it by deleting an icon.

I suggest you remove the mail account completely and recreate it from scratch using the web server's correct data.

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The process is exactly the same as when you originally created the account. The screens may have changed but the process is the same.

Why won't my Mac allow new emails to be received by me? Should I delete email icon and start over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.