Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Boot Camp Windows 10 Not Recognizing Graphics Card

Computer Details: 2019 Macbook Pro 16" with AMD Radeon 5500. Running latest Windows 10 and Ventura OS.

Drivers hadn't been updated for a while, and the AMD software wasn't showing when I right-clicked the desktop. I kept receiving an error code that AMD's software couldn't recognize the correct graphics hardware.

First, I restarted. Next, I uninstalled the drivers in the device manager before trying to install the updated ones. Then, I uninstalled the GPU in the device manager and restarted - now Windows won't recognize it in the device manager, but the Mac OS side is fine. I haven't figured out how to reinstall the GPU in Windows. I tried downloading both the Windows 10 and Boot Camp versions of the drivers, but neither could recognize the card.

I also used Boot Camp Assistant in Mac OS to download and replace the existing Windows Support files, and tried installing the boot camp drivers on Windows. Still won't recognize my card.

This seems like a common problem, but I fear I made things worse by uninstalling the Radeon display adapter. Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve reinstalling Boot Camp and resetting my partition?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 2:28 AM

if it was me then I would give this a go

BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users.

Similar questions

4 replies

Boot Camp Windows 10 Not Recognizing Graphics Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.