Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

HomePod OS 17.0 asking to accept terms & conditions

I have updated original HomePod pair to OS 17.0, my Apple TV to tvOS 17.0 and my iPad to iPadOS 17… when I ask Siri to play a radio station on my HomePod it starts to say it is playing via TuneIn but then states that I need to accept Apple Music terms and conditions on all devices. I logged out of iCloud on the iPad, rebooted and then logged back into iCloud but it did not prompt for any new T’s & C’s. I cannot logout out of tvOS (logout button is greyed out) because it is the only Apple ID logged in on the Apple TV. I’m stuck. How do I accept apple T’s & C’s? I also have an iPhone 13 still on latest iOS 16.x and a couple Mac’s. I have not yet upgraded to new home architecture in Apple Home on iOS.

HomePod

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 1:10 AM

Ok, Apple - if you are listening - please reset your terms and conditions to apply to all devices when it's main user appleId accepts on any single device.

I'm not sure what did it exactly, but I forgot about my appletv device. It was also upgraded to V17. While everything worked everywhere and I never came to a terms and conditions page, I did 2 things last night: Managed to get my wife connected (is this new? Settings -> Users and Accounts -> additional Users), and went to the music app in the apple tv and just played something. One of those worked. Seems good today.

Similar questions

60 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2023 1:10 AM in response to jrabenson

Ok, Apple - if you are listening - please reset your terms and conditions to apply to all devices when it's main user appleId accepts on any single device.

I'm not sure what did it exactly, but I forgot about my appletv device. It was also upgraded to V17. While everything worked everywhere and I never came to a terms and conditions page, I did 2 things last night: Managed to get my wife connected (is this new? Settings -> Users and Accounts -> additional Users), and went to the music app in the apple tv and just played something. One of those worked. Seems good today.

Oct 7, 2023 8:57 AM in response to Please_Help_Us_by_fixing_this

My issue was the same (need to approve terms&conditions) only that it affected exclusively the two paired homepod-minis serving the appletv, and not the other homepod-minis (all devices anyway running v17.0) which were working fine.

After spending hours on this (impossible to find how to approve the terms&conditions),

I solved it by unpairing those two homepod-minis, and pairing them again.

That was it, and now the Music flows again. No more questions asked about approval of terms and conditions!

Oct 12, 2023 12:30 PM in response to jrabenson

You are a genius. I was ready to cancel everything Apple! I have two HomePod minis paired with my Apple TV. Every time I tried to ask Siri to play music on the HomePods, I would get that 'You must agree to Apple terms blah blah"--but how? I tried finding this mysterious agreement. I tried signing out of iCloud, unpairing everything etc etc. Every day, I try another stab at it and it makes me crazy.

Saw your answer just a few minutes ago. I went onto Apple TV and into the music app and played something--voila! I can play music on the minis again. Thank you!!!

Nov 15, 2023 1:03 PM in response to Paisleyklk

As a former Apple software engineer, I think it’s ridiculous that it doesn’t tell you exactly which device has the problem, or as others have suggested, give you the option to accept the terms once, on any device that’s convenient. I have about 20 different devices that I would need to check. Fortunately, it appears that the problem was Apple Music on the Apple TV paired to the HomePods in my case as well. My wife and daughter were starting to get upset with me.

This seems like a bug, and I’d recommend reporting it as such via the Feedback app.

HomePod OS 17.0 asking to accept terms & conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.