Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Iphone 12 overheating?

Ive had the iphone 12 for 2 years, Honestly its put too much that i might get rid of it… The iphone overheats like crazy so much to where it literally burns my hand even if the phone is shut off it still heats up!! I've tried everything replacing the charger while im on that the battery life is dropping so fast if i use the phone for longer than an hour i can literally see it go down few minute by minute, is there anything to solve this? or do i just get rid of the phone. it overheats the 5g is barely faster than 4g LTE this is getting annoying, my hand has several burns that i could go to the doctor for and not to mention the glitches that the phone goes through like my wallpapers wont work and its just black most of the time I've had to reset network setting like 10 times every month and so much more. please tell me there’s something i can do and that i didn't spend my paycheck on a phone that will just give me burns and barely works!

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 4:15 PM

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. What is the Battery Health of your iPhone? Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

You may also contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 4:15 PM in response to zorkcrestron276

You may have a poor battery condition which cannot provide sufficient power for peak performance. What is the Battery Health of your iPhone? Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

You may also contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Iphone 12 overheating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.