Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro won't vibrate on Silent Mode

Got my new phone yesterday and have noticed that my vibration while on silent is not working. I verified under settings that I have it set to always on. I tried changing it to never the back on or just play in silent mode but it still isn’t vibrating.

any help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 7:08 PM

Settings>accessibility>touch, scroll down to vibration and turn it on. For some reason it’s off as default

109 replies

Oct 1, 2023 1:21 AM in response to Ghostrider00

Yeah I’ve tried that myself & still nothing! When I came out of work today I had 38 texts and never knew it bc the vibration haptics never alerted me. I even tried to make a custom haptic beat myself but still to no avail. I LNEW I SHOULD’VE WAITED 30-45DAYS until all the little BS BUGS were fixed and it was working properly! I mean to give the Pro & Pro Max the title of “worlds most capable phone” they should at least do what they should! I really don’t wanna drive clear to Apple so hopefully they get a patch soon. I know EVERYONE I’ve asked who got the 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max has the same issue since day one! Had I known it was gonna be this aggravating I would’ve kept using either my 12 Pro, 13 Pro, or 14 Pro. But no I’m a sucker for mobile gaming and once I heard about this pro model I had to get it and boom bugs immediately!

Oct 5, 2023 8:06 PM in response to NicoleLynne

And what exactly does this have to do with the IPhone 15 not vibrating on silent? Sorry but you posted known information about the IPhone and Apple Watch since its inception. The 15 does not vibrate with or without a watch, in my house or at work, in my hand or on my bed, with every setting known to man and even when I’m eating green eggs and ham. It’s trash and I’m returning.

Dec 21, 2023 8:44 PM in response to NicoleLynne

After a few hours of haptic settings and apple support calls i fully setting up my ultra 2 watch and 15 pro max I disconnected the Bluetooth from the watch and now receive sound, haptic and notifications from both my phone and watch. When the phone and watch are paired you will not receive notifications when the phone is locked. Even with this done my watch function the same as it did while connected via bluetooth. With that being said what is the benefit/ drawback of the 2 being connected via Bluetooth

Oct 16, 2023 1:40 PM in response to NicoleLynne

The only thing that worked for me was a settings reset, which worked for about 24 hours... I have attempted to do everything in the thread and I am still without the vibrating function when the phone is in silent mode. My only hope now is that Apple is monitoring this and will develop a solution quickly. But it seems that "hope springs eternal" if some of you have called (or visited the stores) and nothing has happened.

What further baffles me is that it does not even notify you when the phone is open and you are holding it.

One thing I did try was to have it off silent mode and turn the volume as low as possible which, incidentally, it is not OFF.

Oct 5, 2023 7:59 PM in response to NicoleLynne

If you have a Apple Watch and updated to the most recent OS, you will only receive notifications on your watch per support:

This is a new feature from the last software :/

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll receive notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll receive notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

you can see that the information is true in this article from Apple: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can provide feedback using this link and select watch because this was a watch update: Feedback - Watch - Apple

Mar 21, 2024 12:10 PM in response to NicoleLynne

It seems there are several things, of which the first three have been repeated several times, but the fourth is what finally fixed it for me.

1. Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Haptics > Play in silent mode
  2. Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone/Text Tone > Haptics > make sure a haptic is chosen instead of none
  3. Settings > Accessibility > Touch > make sure Vibration is toggled on
  4. Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers > turn this off

I was getting vibrations from my contacts, but not from other callers. With this setting on, all calls from numbers not in contacts skip all rings/haptics/notifications apart from being missed calls and voicemails.

I hope this helps.

iPhone 15 Pro won't vibrate on Silent Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.