Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up

The company that I work for uses mac so this is a company macbook. I used my 2019 macbook pro no issues all week and closed it for the weekend last night like normal and have not touched it since. This afternoon, I heard the fan running very loud while laptop was closed/untouched and so I opened it and now it will not turn on. It is plugged into the charger (has been for two hours) and I have tried resetting it with power + command +shift and all of those tips but nothing is working and it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:02 PM

mlg21 Said:

"Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up: [...]it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:02 PM in response to mlg21

mlg21 Said:

"Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up: [...]it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.