iPhone 15 hot when charging

Hi everyone

Iphone 15 gets quite warm while charging with apple 20W adapter, on the left side it is difficult to even touch, as soon as it reaches ~75% battery level, it starts cooling down and this problem is not observed after 75% charging (even at 90 or 100%), only till 70-75% phone gets heated.

Did anyone observe the same? software is updated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 9:14 PM

Hi, have a new iPhone 15 plus doing this same thing. Very hot when charging, especially the left side and have the upgrade. Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue or if it’s just something you are dealing with?

35 replies

Oct 6, 2023 8:32 AM in response to asharma153

Thanks all for response, just to update that apple released 17.0.3, I updated it y'day but today more or less I felt it didn't improve upon the issue upon charging.

I felt it was getting hot in the same manner as it was before update, though update did mention 'phone getting warm' among the fixes.

If you also updated to the latest update, pls share your feedback. I have to remove the case when I charge for proper heat dissipation, I feel in the long run it may impact the components/battery.

Mar 24, 2024 10:20 AM in response to asharma153

Same thing. Using cmf charger. What I have observed is if it's idle and not in use it doesn't heats up much. But most times like 90% the side on left is hot. Like you can feel the burn when handheld to check for a few seconds max. Is this normal apple. Everyone is facing the same issue. Kindly update dilegently and if this requires update or replacement?

Not only worried about the longetivity because charging is minimum twice per day or so. But also about the user experience. Can't use a phone worth a price for long with such issue.

Kindly escalate this as a complaint.

Thanks.

Feb 15, 2024 6:35 AM in response to yasheel

yasheel wrote:

I use the 35 watt MacBook Air charger and it gets slightly warm. Should I buy the 20 watt charger?

Most people are unaware that the charger in built into the phone. Whether you use 20w or 35w charging plug won't make any difference. And warm is 100% normal when charging a battery. It's impossible for a charging battery NOT to put out heat. It's the physics of charging.

Apr 1, 2024 4:35 PM in response to 1TechnoHadesResident

I own iPhone 15 Pro Max and 15 Pro. No excessive heat at all. If you think your phone is getting too warm, that's what the one year warranty is for. Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and let Apple test your phone. No point in complaining here on this user to user only forum. No one from Apple participates here.

iPhone 15 hot when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.