iPhone 14 Pro Max Overheating after iOS 17.0.2 Update

Anyone else experiencing overheating for iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro after iOS 17 update?

the two phones are overheating and battery health is degrading very fast after updating to iOS 17!

I even updated the latest to 17.0.2 hopefully any bugs would be fixed but still facing the same issue!

any idea how to solve this!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 9:33 AM

I think I may have found a solution. I decided to shut off the Background App Refresh which is located under the General tab, and down eight lines. After I did this, I plugged in my iPhone with the an Apple charger that came with my iPhone 14 Pro, and my iPhone stayed cool throughout the entire charging time.

76 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2023 9:33 AM in response to acouty

I think I may have found a solution. I decided to shut off the Background App Refresh which is located under the General tab, and down eight lines. After I did this, I plugged in my iPhone with the an Apple charger that came with my iPhone 14 Pro, and my iPhone stayed cool throughout the entire charging time.

Oct 13, 2023 7:36 AM in response to MoBarakat

I thought it was an isolated case with my iPhone running on IOS 17.1 getting very hot during charging, until I ran into this forum of people experiencing the same. I am also very unhappy that the my battery that I had replaced last year by Apple, is now down to 92% on battery health. The iPhone is losing its credibility each and every day with me, so much so, that I may soon go over to an Android.

Nov 7, 2023 6:55 AM in response to MoBarakat

Im having the same issue too! My phone is heating up so fast as I am unable to do video calls with my love ones on messenger. Previous IOS version doesn’t have issue at all until IOS 17. From 99% percent battery health it is now down to 94% in just two weeks! I already did the tips and tricks on how to take care battery that I watch on YT and still nothing happened. Maybe this is kinda a bug or something. I hope someone in Apple can read this forum.

Nov 10, 2023 9:31 AM in response to MoBarakat

I've had the iphone 14 for about 10 months now and it gets so hot with normal use. I wake up at 7:30, use my alarm clock, and apple music otw to work and my battery is at 64% by 9:30am. I turned off automatic IOS updates, updated all my apps, and I restart my phone almost twice a day because of the glitches I experience. I don't know what else to do! There needs to be some sort of support from Apple because this phone was way too expensive!!!

Oct 21, 2023 2:17 AM in response to MoBarakat

I am very much disappointed about my device. A premium phone worth rs 139900 is performing very awful. A-lot of bucks a faced, now the major issue is over heating, especially after ios 17.0.3 update. We can adjust if gets warmer when we playing heavy games or using camera for a while in hot exterior climates, but now it gets more warmer when its in a mild use. People should come forward against the cheap quality apple gives on their products now. Spending lakhs on a phone and get worried every minutes you using.

Oct 27, 2023 2:31 AM in response to MoBarakat

I can’t say for sure that this helps everyone else, but I have been having the overheating issue and premature battery drain for a while now.

It’s been getting so hot that I try to charge for about 30 minutes at a time and then unplug the cable to let my phone cool off.

Well, I just tried something new. I turned off the BLUETOOTH IN MY SETTINGS. I reconnected the charging cable and instantly my phone has stopped getting hot.

This obviously isn’t a long term fix because something is obviously wrong for the Bluetooth to affect the phone heating up. But at least it’s not heating up while charging.

iPhone 14 Pro Max Overheating after iOS 17.0.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.