Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Logic Pro X audio cuts out on playback, bounce, recording after upgrade to Sonoma

Having issues after upgrading to Sonoma. Whenever I play a project that has about 50 tracks, the audio just cuts out for no reason during playback, recording, bouncing. Goes silent with a little click. Never had this issue before, even with as much or more tracks. Projects with smaller track numbers (5-10) do not have this issue.

I've tried disabling all plugins, freezing multiple tracks still doesn't affect the 50 track project audio cutout issue, this sucks please help!

Specs: Mac Studio 2022 with Apple M1 Max chip, 64 GB ram, general settings applied, 256 buffer size (tried changing)

Scarlett focus right 8i6 2nd gen audio interface (directly into studio, no usb bus)

Mac Studio

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 12:39 PM

Having the same exact issue! I was on the phone and shared my screen for 1.5hrs with "experts" over at Apple as I recreated the audio drop multiple times. It cuts into Apple Music and YouTube when there's audio playing at the same time as Logic. As soon as Logic's audio cuts out, those others do at the same time.

There seems to be a CoreAudio issue that lies within Logic Pro in Sonoma (if you're reading this and haven't upgraded yet, DON'T). I'm hoping developers send that update out very soon! My backup DAW (Prx Txxx's) has been a life saver at the moment which is odd because I initially left them 2yrs ago to come to Logic full-time.

Best of luck everyone.

Specs: M1 Pro MBP 16GB

Similar questions

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 12:39 PM in response to irvinleehinojosa

Having the same exact issue! I was on the phone and shared my screen for 1.5hrs with "experts" over at Apple as I recreated the audio drop multiple times. It cuts into Apple Music and YouTube when there's audio playing at the same time as Logic. As soon as Logic's audio cuts out, those others do at the same time.

There seems to be a CoreAudio issue that lies within Logic Pro in Sonoma (if you're reading this and haven't upgraded yet, DON'T). I'm hoping developers send that update out very soon! My backup DAW (Prx Txxx's) has been a life saver at the moment which is odd because I initially left them 2yrs ago to come to Logic full-time.

Best of luck everyone.

Specs: M1 Pro MBP 16GB

Oct 31, 2023 6:24 PM in response to irvinleehinojosa

It’s most definitely the pitch correction plug-in. I bounced down each instrument & vocal into WAV files, then created a new session. I slowly started adding stock plug-ins from the original session & BINGO…soon as pitch correction was added, corrupted session even after removing the plug-in. @Apple needs to really an update to fix that IMMEDIATELY.

Oct 6, 2023 8:35 AM in response to irvinleehinojosa

I'm having the same problem. However, I only have 15 tracks. When I playback the audio in session, the sound cuts out after a few seconds. The platform keeps playing and I see sound coming through the master and individual channels, but no sound coming through my monitors.

If I try to go to youtube, spotify, or Beatport for example to hear anything with sound -- I can't hear it. I have to go back to logic, pause and replay the session, and pause it before the sound cuts out again. Then it opens up all audio to the system.

This is madness.

Oct 23, 2023 9:56 PM in response to irvinleehinojosa

I have the same issue. After unmuting a cluster of frozen tracks, the audio just cut out for no reason during playback after approximately a tenth of a second of sound. I tried restarting Logic but even rebooting my MacBook Pro hasn't resolved the issue. I'm not sure what else to try. I'm running Sonoma but this happened before on the previous MacOS too.

Oct 31, 2023 9:06 AM in response to irvinleehinojosa

I'm experiencing the same issue - it's very frustrating. The audio in my project (and on YouTube) completely cuts out during playback, and I have to pause and play for it to resume. My initial thought was that the problem was linked to the recent Sonoma update, as that's when I first noticed the playback issues. So it's somewhat reassuring to hear that others are experiencing this after the update as well.

Hopefully, Apple can address this soon and release an update for Logic, as it's currently impossible to record or playback anything in this state. Like OP, I tried bouncing the project to see if it would help, but surprisingly, it still cuts out with a loud "click".

I'll keep an eye on this thread in the hopes of finding a fix/more information - thanks.

Oct 31, 2023 11:21 PM in response to ImKairos

I’m having the same issue, when I export the project, the parts of the project that cut out during playback also aren’t bouncing properly. (The bounced track cuts to no sound at the same points). This issue only occurred after updated to Sonoma.

Super disappointing because this is happening on every project so am currently unable to work on this machine.

My machine is a 13’ M1 MacBook.

Logic Pro X audio cuts out on playback, bounce, recording after upgrade to Sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.