Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (Burn-In) on Screen

Wow! It’s been two weeks . This is the worst phone ever released by Apple .

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 9:05 PM

Surfphysics Said:

"iPhone 15 pro max screen burn: Wow! It’s been two weeks . This is the worst phone ever released by Apple "

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Do you mean "overheating"?:

This is a well-know issue of iOS17 being installed on the iPhone 14 and 15 series. It's been been reported plenty of times on these forums. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?"

So, Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing and update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 9:05 PM in response to Surfphysics

Surfphysics Said:

"iPhone 15 pro max screen burn: Wow! It’s been two weeks . This is the worst phone ever released by Apple "

-------

Do you mean "overheating"?:

This is a well-know issue of iOS17 being installed on the iPhone 14 and 15 series. It's been been reported plenty of times on these forums. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported this to Apple?"

So, Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing and update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Oct 17, 2023 5:08 PM in response to Surfphysics

Sweet deal that they identified the issue and hopefully resolve it . Im

still confused though because my new phone doesn’t have image retention… so if it’s software why did this not happen with my new phone ? Again, I love Apple just happy they are working to resolve issues . But this should have been done on beta. I hate complaining about bug and phone issues . Apple is so much better than that . Kudos to the software team.

Oct 7, 2023 9:59 PM in response to Surfphysics

I can't tell whether it is screen burn or some other issue caused by a defective screen. You have an iPhone 15 Pro Max which was probably purchased about two weeks or so ago. OLED screens should not show signs of screen burn that quick.

Regardless of what that actually is, I recommend that you contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation. Your iPhone should be covered by Apple's 1YR Limited Warranty (US).

Axel F.

Oct 7, 2023 9:05 PM in response to Surfphysics

Surfphysics Said:

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Overheating:

Try the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Oct 11, 2023 7:30 AM in response to aev_84

Yeah , I just opted to do express replacement. The Genius Bar doesn’t have any phones will like. End of the month. I suspect that the extreme temperature during the “overheating “ caused the OLED panel to accelerate screen burn . Even after the update the phone is very hot on charge and the always on display , though reduced intensity, maybe doing damage in conjunction with the heat. I think that charging with mag safe and doing things on the phone simultaneously may also contribute to burn in due to extreme temperature. Idk I assume you also got your phone and used it prior to the update to deal with the heat too. Regardless damage may have occurred to those of us who got the phone prior to the update . Also it’s still pretty hot while charging so … we shall see . Good luck

Oct 13, 2023 3:27 AM in response to Surfphysics

I am having the same exact issue on mine. A rewind, play and forward button from spotify is permanently burned into my screen. Got the phone release day. Really upset. I only use the provided USB C cable, not that it should matter as long as it’s a supported cable. Which is why i’m even more surprised this is an issue. The phone hasn’t once overheated. I do however rock a magsafe wallet, which again still shouldn’t cause this sort of issue. No clue what to do, do we all have to go into the apple store?

Oct 7, 2023 9:52 PM in response to Surfphysics

Surfphysics Said:

"My phone is not overheating ?! Seriously look @ the photo . This was not helpful ."

-------

Does your iPhone Feel Hot? If not, then you ignore my replies. But, just know it is a comply-reported problem on these forums.

If not hot..

This may be a Ghost Image:

It Seems to be a “Ghost Image”. So, try using screensaver to fix it. Go Here:Avoiding Image Persistence on Apple Displays - Apple Support. View the third subtopic: Fixing image persistence

Oct 16, 2023 9:42 PM in response to Ohmszy

Go To a store if you want to replace the phone right away ( if it is in stock) or call and ask for express replacement . I got my new phone and I don’t have issues anymore. However , I’m scared to use the always on feature now. I’m not sure how it happened in the 1st place..: but if my phone feels hot, I turn the screen OFF because I don’t want to deal with potentially damaging my phone again. In all my years as an Apple phone owner … I haven’t seen anything like this… Im totally bummed about it.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (Burn-In) on Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.