Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Iphone 15 Pro not compatible with some wireless charging devices

The wireless charger I've been using with my iphone 12 pro since it came out does not work with my iphone 15 pro. I put the phone to charge overnight and the battery percentage went down even though it says it was "charging" when I put it to charge.

I saw an article online that this is an issue with some users, and I went to the store to see if I could get a new wireless charger that would work. I tried a few and some of them, including a speaker that had a charger built in, and a 3-in-one charger stand. They did charge my old iphone 12 pro and other people's older model phones but did NOT charge the iphone 15 pro at all despite it saying 'charging'.

Safest bet is to have a charger that has magsafe built in it seems.

Anyone else having these problems?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2024 5:28 PM

I just had chat support from Apple as I had the same issue with two wireless chargers and my new iphone 15... they got me to do this.. and now its staying connected and charging with my wireless desktop charger. Steps below, hope it helps others:

32 replies

Oct 25, 2023 12:35 AM in response to SYmyka

I contacted support about this same exact issue and when they looked in their records to see if this was a reported issue, I was shocked when they told me only 1 person reported this issue.

Here’s a list of the few threads I saw (including this one) with the exact same issue with MagSafe/Wireless Charging on iPhone 15s. There’s more, but I’m too lazy to collect every single one lol.

iPhone 15 charging with MagSafe charges f… - Apple Community

Iphone 15 Pro not compatible with some wi… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro not charging on Belkin BOOS… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro Max not charging while off in Mag… - Apple Community

When I mentioned this “discussions website” to Apple Support via phone support, and told them there’s more than just one person experiencing this issue, support told me they don’t monitor this website, which is unfortunate because if they did, a patch for this bug could’ve been in the works WEEKS AGO just in-time for the next iOS 17 iteration update that’ll be released.

I have multiple MagSafe charges (including the Apple branded one), and they all act the same way when using my iPhone 15 Pro Max. They’ll charge for a few seconds or a few minutes then disconnect completely. I had to switch to just using a USB-C cable that’s connected straight to the wall and the phone because MagSafe just doesn’t work anymore for the past 24hrs to 48hrs.

My iPhone 15 Pro Max is running iOS 17.0.3.

Nov 2, 2023 11:30 PM in response to phillam

I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Placed it on the official Apple magsafe charger in the evening having 14% battery….in the morning the battery was 32%. A couple of days ago same issue but the battery decreased from 62% to 60% after 6 hours of charging. As mentioned i’m using the official apple magsafe charger and a Pitaka magsafe case (star peak)

Nov 14, 2023 6:25 AM in response to SYmyka

I’m having the same experience. I never had an issue with my iPhone 11 but started experiencing this problem with my wireless charger in my 2023 Canyon. As soon as i would lay my 15 pro on the charging pad it would start charging like it should but 5 seconds laying there it would completely quit charging. Now it’s doing the same on my wireless charger at home

Oct 8, 2023 12:16 AM in response to SYmyka

I havent had that problem, due to not having a new iP15, Lol! But! I did hear on the news that the 15Apple products were not using the c chargers? They are going retro, to the charging system previously known as Prince. HA. Seriously, they are going retro, to whatever those cords were called? Not just the phones, but all new apple products requiring a charge. Hope that info helps!

Nov 6, 2023 4:38 PM in response to SYmyka

The same thing is happening to me. I bought an apple MagSafe charger to be sure, and that one doesn't work either. A battery I have with watts draw puts it drifting between 1 and 2 watts. I've talked with support by phone and went to the Genius Bar today. They did a full restore, and we put the phone on a charger before any backup restore. Unfortunately, the moment it ticked up one percent, we called it good and I went home. Now I'm seeing it's hardly charging at all—must have been just close enough to the percent to tick up.

This is really frustrating, including the frustration of multiple full restores.

Nov 6, 2023 10:04 PM in response to vaughn_703

@vaughn_703

Good news that you went to a Genius Bar and support should have records of that.

You should really follow up with phone support again and let them know that the problem occurred again once you got home and if they haven’t paired you with a Senior Advisor yet, I recommend that you request to speak with one for further assistance.

Keep us posted!

Iphone 15 Pro not compatible with some wireless charging devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.