iPhone 15 Pro not charging on Belkin BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1 (wireless charger)

I've had the iPhone 15 for almost 2 weeks and it was initially charging with the Belkin wireless charging stand I purchased from Apple earlier this year without any issue but somewhere in the last 24-48hrs it has stopped working.

No issues observed with USB-C charging (yet) even with non-Apple issued cabling.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Tested the stand with my Apple Watch to make sure there was power to the stand; working fine.
  • Tested the stand with my iPhone 13 Pro (thankfully I haven't traded it in yet) and it charges fine; charging stand not the issue
  • Cleaned the back of the phone and the contact on the stand; magsafe contact points didn't appear dirty or obstructed but I thought I'd make doubly sure.
  • Updated phone to iOS 17.0.3; issue persists

PHOTO:

Phone on charge stand with Model & iOS details. Watch included to show power to charging base.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 12:40 AM

Here’s a list of the few threads I saw (including this one) with the exact same issue with MagSafe/Wireless Charging on iPhone 15s. There’s more, but I’m too lazy to collect every single one lol.

iPhone 15 charging with MagSafe charges f… - Apple Community

Iphone 15 Pro not compatible with some wi… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro not charging on Belkin BOOS… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro Max not charging while off in Mag… - Apple Community

When I mentioned this “discussions website” to Apple Support via phone support, and told them there’s more than just one person experiencing this issue, support told me they don’t monitor this website, which is unfortunate because if they did, a patch for this bug could’ve been in the works WEEKS AGO just in-time for the next iOS 17 iteration update that’ll be released.

I have multiple MagSafe charges (including the Apple branded one), and they all act the same way when using my iPhone 15 Pro Max. They’ll charge for a few seconds or a few minutes then disconnect completely. I had to switch to just using a USB-C cable that’s connected straight to the wall and the phone because MagSafe just doesn’t work anymore for the past 24hrs to 48hrs.

My iPhone 15 Pro Max is running iOS 17.0.3.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2023 12:40 AM in response to HuffleFluff

Here’s a list of the few threads I saw (including this one) with the exact same issue with MagSafe/Wireless Charging on iPhone 15s. There’s more, but I’m too lazy to collect every single one lol.

iPhone 15 charging with MagSafe charges f… - Apple Community

Iphone 15 Pro not compatible with some wi… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro not charging on Belkin BOOS… - Apple Community

iPhone 15 Pro Max not charging while off in Mag… - Apple Community

When I mentioned this “discussions website” to Apple Support via phone support, and told them there’s more than just one person experiencing this issue, support told me they don’t monitor this website, which is unfortunate because if they did, a patch for this bug could’ve been in the works WEEKS AGO just in-time for the next iOS 17 iteration update that’ll be released.

I have multiple MagSafe charges (including the Apple branded one), and they all act the same way when using my iPhone 15 Pro Max. They’ll charge for a few seconds or a few minutes then disconnect completely. I had to switch to just using a USB-C cable that’s connected straight to the wall and the phone because MagSafe just doesn’t work anymore for the past 24hrs to 48hrs.

My iPhone 15 Pro Max is running iOS 17.0.3.

Oct 7, 2023 12:12 PM in response to HuffleFluff

Thanks so much for visiting the Apple Support Communities HuffleFluff,

If you are experiencing issues wirelessly charging your iPhone, the first thing we recommend is confirming whether it charges when plugged directly in. This will help isolate the issue a bit further.

If it does work when plugged in, but still won't work when wirelessly charging, please review the wireless charging support found in How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support.

For further assistance after that, please get in touch with Apple Support directly. They will have the tools and resources needed to further assist. You can do that here: Get Support

Enjoy your weekend!

Nov 16, 2023 10:49 PM in response to HuffleFluff

My new 15 Plus is having issues as well. I did find a fix though, sort of. If I completely unplug the cable to the Belkin 3 in 1 charger, then replug the charger, and reattach the phone, it’ll start charging again for the next couple days before it stops again. I’m not entirely sure what that means. Maybe the charger isn’t talking to the phone? My 13 never had an issue.

iPhone 15 Pro not charging on Belkin BOOST CHARGE PRO 3-in-1 (wireless charger)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.