Does "Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed" mean photos imported (phone to computer) using iphoto will be removed?

All my photos have been imported into iPhoto on my computer from both my iPhone and iPad. I now want the iPhone and iPad to share my photos such that what is on one is also available on the other. However, I get this bit warning about photos being removed and that is very scary. I am talking about more that 10,000 photos here.

What are the up and down sides to turning on this "sharing" feature, aside from both devices showing the same content?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 1:58 PM

The message refers to photos that were synced to the iPhone or iPad from a computer by using iTunes (or more recently using Finder on a Mac) as described in Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Normally, the synced photos would still be on the computer where they were synced from. If they are, they will sync back to the iPhone and iPad again after iCloud Photos is turned on in all of the devices. If they are only on the iPhone or iPad, they will be lost if you turn on iCloud Photos.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 1:58 PM in response to FBelliveau

The message refers to photos that were synced to the iPhone or iPad from a computer by using iTunes (or more recently using Finder on a Mac) as described in Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Normally, the synced photos would still be on the computer where they were synced from. If they are, they will sync back to the iPhone and iPad again after iCloud Photos is turned on in all of the devices. If they are only on the iPhone or iPad, they will be lost if you turn on iCloud Photos.

Does "Photos Synced from Finder will be Removed" mean photos imported (phone to computer) using iphoto will be removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.