iphone15 Pro Max Camera glitch

The biggest glitch in the iPhone Pro Max 15's camera, which even Apple staff admit, seems to have gone unnoticed by other users. Today, I visited the Apple store and tested more than 10 new devices in-store, all of which exhibited grainy and shaky video quality. I hope Apple will release a new update very soon to fix this major issue. I wonder if any other iPhone users have noticed this issue, but here in Australia, we're experiencing this camera problem. I have two iPhone Pro Max 15 and both are having same issue. I hope apple will resolve this issue.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 7:16 PM

I have this problem all my captured photo seems they have delay in quality . Once I captured a picture is so grainy then I have to wait couple second maybe last 30 seconds the captured picture will be sharp and nice . It is annoying like lagging . Delay quality

58 replies

Nov 30, 2023 3:58 PM in response to 2pacsharma

Bought the phone 15 days back and I am already upset with the camera quality. Upgraded from 11 Pro max, not sure if this was actually an upgrade! Had my scheduled session with Apple support team and even she admitted an issue with the camera quality. I thought it might be the camera protector which is causing grainy images but now I see a lot of people facing this issue. Is this getting fixed anytime soon?? I literally upgraded just for the camera and I am so disappointed :(

Dec 9, 2023 9:10 AM in response to jinal132

I’m the same boat! I upgraded from 11 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max and I feel like I actually downgraded to an Android camera from 5 years ago. Grainy images, unfocused images at the default 1x/28mm/35mm lenses.

Zooming to 5x optical sure looks like at least a partial digital zoom to me. There’s no detail in the 5x zoom photos, if you double tap to closely inspect one you’ve taken. I’m so beyond disappointed. My return window will close Monday. I think I’m taking it back.

Dec 9, 2023 6:58 AM in response to pea5ea

I am so furious with this issue. I went to an Apple store and they said the x1 camera was defective. They had to take my phone apart to replace the camera.

The GeNiuS BaR tech took off my screen protector without telling me and said it could be put back on later.

Apple is a whole wack job. They can't even replace a screen protector for free when we paid 1300+ for a defective iPhone.

Jan 16, 2024 7:58 AM in response to von267

I’m experiencing the same issue. I capture a photo then when i check it’s little low in quality, but then after few seconds it become better. Also, my camera is lagging when I try to move the phone or try to zoom in/out it’s not smooth. It has a bit of delay. Please Apple fix this issue. Even my old iPhone X is smoother.

Dec 9, 2023 6:50 AM in response to 2pacsharma

Like many others, after taking a picture I have to wait 20 secs for the grainy image to disappear and the quality image appears. I had an iPhone 13 Pro before this for 2 years and never had this issue.

The other issue I’ve had is where the camera doesn’t launch quick enough, so either in photo or video mode it glitches and doesn’t take the picture or doesn’t start recording properly. It can’t be that I’m quicker than the phone in launching this…I’m 44!

Jan 5, 2024 12:11 PM in response to johanyakabrownboixd

I have had a similar issue with my IPhone 15 Pro Max. When recording videos, it seems fine when recording, but when you play it back there is no image just sound. Reported to Apple and I have a case number for the issue. Doesn’t happen all the time. Had the same issue today on 2 separate recordings of 5 seconds. This time I have a still image with sound. Small file size so there is no video data on all the corrupt videos.

I did read on one of the forums, a user had the same issue with an IPhone 12.

Anyone else had the same issue?

iphone15 Pro Max Camera glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.