3G and 2G services stopped working after ios 17 updates

I am not able to receive 3G and 2G signals on my SE 2020 iphone after ios 17 updates. I am from India. In remote places in India we still have 3G and 2G signals. If I go for tour to some remote place I am always out of reach because my mobile doesn't catch 2G and 3G signals. What is the use of paying so much to apple if they cannot keep the basic services ON.

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:34 PM

Cellular Service has NOTHING to do with Apple. They have EVERYTHING to do with your carrier. Kurtosis12 is absolutely correct that when your phone updates, your carrier settings update, but that update is provided by your Carrier for the cellular side, NOT from Apple. 3G and 2G is non-existent in the US now. And throughout most of the world it is being retired as well.

You need to contact your carrier about this. If they no longer broadcast in 3G or 2G in the remote areas you are having an issue, you won't get good cellular service, if any. Perhaps there's another carrier you can switch to, who hasn't retired 3G yet?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 8:34 PM in response to tejas124

Cellular Service has NOTHING to do with Apple. They have EVERYTHING to do with your carrier. Kurtosis12 is absolutely correct that when your phone updates, your carrier settings update, but that update is provided by your Carrier for the cellular side, NOT from Apple. 3G and 2G is non-existent in the US now. And throughout most of the world it is being retired as well.

You need to contact your carrier about this. If they no longer broadcast in 3G or 2G in the remote areas you are having an issue, you won't get good cellular service, if any. Perhaps there's another carrier you can switch to, who hasn't retired 3G yet?

3G and 2G services stopped working after ios 17 updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.