Lyrics not displayed on Apple Music post iOS 17 update

I’ve updated to ios 17 whatever and lyrics no longer show up in my Apple Music for any song. It is quite an issue, as I was using my Apple Music for my work music in the store I work at in Disney. I can no longer ensure songs are clean and safe for little ears, as I can’t see the lyrics to anything. No longer using this service if I can not see lyrics, so I’d like to avoid having to leave Apple to switch to Spotify.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 2:00 AM

Click on “VIEW CREDITS”. The full lyrics are there now! 😉

44 replies

Dec 28, 2023 12:54 PM in response to Musicjopes

"Click on “VIEW CREDITS”. The full lyrics are there now!"

Yes, that seems to work now, but... WHY APPLE, WHY?!?!?

It was simple and straightforward before, now it's an extra step to get there... and by no means an obvious one.

Having "View Full Lyrics" right above "Share Lyrics..." made sense.

Moving it to "View Credits" makes absolutely no sense.

How a group of people thought this was an improvement to the app is truly mind-boggling.

Oh... and let's randomly move the categories around on the "Browse Categories" screen, just to make it harder to find the ones you like.

Maybe put the most recently accessed categories at the top?

Apple has some incredibly talented designers and thinkers, but sometimes I have to scratch my head.

It's like...

"Hey, what if we move the power button from the top of the phone to the side?"

"OMG Bob, that's fricking genius! I just hope that people don't accidentally press the volume-up button when pressing the power button... yeah, no... that will never happen."

Oct 12, 2023 7:02 PM in response to Gena_D

This is not the case, it actually says lyrics are available, I actually downloaded one that says, with lyrics in Apple Music and the lyrics still do not appear, I also can no longer download. Any music, I tap the download icon it spins a moment and stops not downloading anything. I can download the same music on my iPads that have not been updated.

Oct 12, 2023 7:35 AM in response to iwannaknowwhy

Hello iwannaknowwhy,

This article explains more about using the lyrics options with Apple Music: See lyrics and sing in Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. Start out by making sure those settings are enabled so you can see the lyrics.

The next step would be to check your internet connection and possibly try while connected to a different one, as you will not be able to see the lyrics load up offline.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Lyrics not displayed on Apple Music post iOS 17 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.