Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Purchased through app store and failed, but money was deducted by Google

I recently tried to buy a game from appstore and paid via Gcash (mobile payment service) but the transaction failed so I wasn’t able to get the game. Upon checking my Gcash app, my transactions history showed that money was deducted from my account for the game but it was from Google. How is that even possible? And how am I able to refund that money?

I tried calling apple customer service twice, but their answer was the same, they couldn’t do anything about it because the transaction was not from apple but from google. I contacted the game developer too and they told me to contact my device’s customer service - apple, because it wasn’t a problem on their end.

What am I supposed to do?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 7:15 AM

and paid via Gcash

Are you talking about this app ?

• GCash app is a mobile wallet app that lets you instantly pay bills, buy load, send money, shop, and more – all in the safety of your own home!

You can't use GCash app as your Payment method for the App Store.

See -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

You need to contact your bank, and ask -> where the money went and how they can (perhaps) refund your money.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 7:15 AM in response to chieanna

and paid via Gcash

Are you talking about this app ?

• GCash app is a mobile wallet app that lets you instantly pay bills, buy load, send money, shop, and more – all in the safety of your own home!

You can't use GCash app as your Payment method for the App Store.

See -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

You need to contact your bank, and ask -> where the money went and how they can (perhaps) refund your money.

Purchased through app store and failed, but money was deducted by Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.