Why can’t I share my location

I lost my watch and Find My is enabled, location services are on, when I try turn share location off and back on trying to reset it says Cannot share location cannot connect to server. It keeps share location on (green) and won’t let me turn it off and gives me cannot share location ect ……every time. I’m just trying to see where my last known location was for my watch but it won’t enable devices in Find My either

I updated software, time and date correct, turned phone off and on

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 5:24 PM

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 5:24 PM in response to Jessiefit

Don't see your device?

• You might not have Find My turned on.
  • If you're using the Find My app, you can't see your device's location if more than 7 days have passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • If you're using iCloud.com/find, you can't see your device's location if it's powered off, the battery has run out, or more than 24 hours has passed since its last location was sent to Apple.
  • Learn how you can still protect your information.

Why can’t I share my location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.