Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Not receiving notifications from one specific contact

I am not receiving notifications from my wife. The person I text the most. And I have done everything everyone has suggested, and notifications are still not coming through.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 12:00 PM

I am having the same issue…since I updated to iOS 17, I don’t receive notifications for my partner texting me. The only time my phone goes off is if he calls. I don’t have him blocked and I’m not using a third party app to block calls, so the offered solution doesn’t help. It is literally only my partner that my phone doesn’t go off for. I have check setting numerous times, turned them off and on again multiple times, restarted my phone multiple times. NOTHING works and I can’t find any help anywhere online.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2023 12:00 PM in response to Jbird111

I am having the same issue…since I updated to iOS 17, I don’t receive notifications for my partner texting me. The only time my phone goes off is if he calls. I don’t have him blocked and I’m not using a third party app to block calls, so the offered solution doesn’t help. It is literally only my partner that my phone doesn’t go off for. I have check setting numerous times, turned them off and on again multiple times, restarted my phone multiple times. NOTHING works and I can’t find any help anywhere online.

Oct 14, 2023 7:02 PM in response to Jbird111

Jbird111 Said:

"Not receiving notifications from one specific contact: I am not receiving notifications from my wife. The person I text the most. And I have done everything everyone has suggested, and notifications are still not coming through."

-------

Troubleshooting Not Receiving Notifications:

A. See if you need to unblock this person in Messages:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Messages
  3. Scroll to: SMS/MMS
  4. Tap: Blocked Contacts
  5. If Blocked: Remove them from the list.

Also...

B. Third Party Apps Blocking Messaging:

If using a third-party app for blocking calls, perhaps you have blocked that person out.

Not receiving notifications from one specific contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.