Thumbnails Keep Returning 😬 Pages iOS and Mac

I am forever closing thumbnails with Pages. Many larger documents open with Thumbnails, then I have to turn them off. If I open another app, then Return to Pages, again thumbnails are showing. It is so annoying, especially on my preferred iPad-Mini portrait view.

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 8:49 AM

jimpeggy, Thanks for letting us know. In that case, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution. You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service. Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2023 8:49 AM in response to jimpeggy

jimpeggy, Thanks for letting us know. In that case, we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly so that they can work with you to find a solution. You can reach them by clicking here: Apple Support or calling the most local number in your region: Contact Apple for support and service. Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Oct 21, 2023 1:03 PM in response to jimpeggy

Hello jimpeggy,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. Try the following which is from Quick navigation in Pages on iPad - Apple Support and should be helpful.

1. Do one of the following to show page thumbnails:
• Swipe right from the left side of the screen.
• Tap the View Options button at the top of the screen, turn on Page Thumbnails, then tap the document to close the view.
2. To hide page thumbnails, swipe left across the thumbnails.
In Page Thumbnails view, you can rearrange sections in a word-processing document or rearrange pages in a page layout document. See Rearrange pages or sections in Pages on iPad.

If you are taking those steps and the same continues, it may be best to reach out to Apple Support from Get Support.

Take care.

Thumbnails Keep Returning 😬 Pages iOS and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.