microphone on airpods is very poor

People are not able to hear me clearly on phone call using airpods. I have tried all troubleshooting options and still not improvement

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 10:48 PM

Hi dsouthy

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "microphone on airpods is very poor : People are not able to hear me clearly on phone call using airpods".

"I have tried all troubleshooting options and still not improvement"

We can not guess what you may have tried, or what you may have not yet tried:

You might want to see if anything below helps:

✽ You might want to restart the device you are using for phone calls .. Eg: How to: Restart your iPhone

(Eg: Deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections .. may restore order)

✽ Apple support's online article: While on a call on iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says "When you’re on a phone call, you can switch the audio to the speaker or a Bluetooth device".

✽ Make sure nothing (a speck of dirt or wax) is blocking the microphone and speaker

Cleaning AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

✽ The AirPods may need re-setting: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

__________________________________________________________________________________________

We do not know which AirPods model you have, or how you use them, what devices you use them with, or what may have happened to them, what settings you are using, or whether they are cleaned, damaged, very ancient, or brand new, whether both AirPods and case are charging ok etc. etc. Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

✽ Have you checked the AirPods firmware is up-to-date : they update automatically given the right conditions:

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

✽ Check which iOS version is installed on the iPhone (or MacOS on the Mac etc.) you use with the AirPods:

Eg: About iOS 17 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 17.0.3 is the up-to-date version.

✽ How to: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

______________________________________________________________________________________

More info:

Discussion thread: People not hearing my voice on phone calls

I have AirPods Pro (1st Gen) and every ti… - Apple Community

More support . info. if needed:

AirPods Support Website:

Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your AirPods...

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 10:48 PM in response to dsouthy

Hi dsouthy

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "microphone on airpods is very poor : People are not able to hear me clearly on phone call using airpods".

"I have tried all troubleshooting options and still not improvement"

We can not guess what you may have tried, or what you may have not yet tried:

You might want to see if anything below helps:

✽ You might want to restart the device you are using for phone calls .. Eg: How to: Restart your iPhone

(Eg: Deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections .. may restore order)

✽ Apple support's online article: While on a call on iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says "When you’re on a phone call, you can switch the audio to the speaker or a Bluetooth device".

✽ Make sure nothing (a speck of dirt or wax) is blocking the microphone and speaker

Cleaning AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

✽ The AirPods may need re-setting: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

__________________________________________________________________________________________

We do not know which AirPods model you have, or how you use them, what devices you use them with, or what may have happened to them, what settings you are using, or whether they are cleaned, damaged, very ancient, or brand new, whether both AirPods and case are charging ok etc. etc. Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

✽ Have you checked the AirPods firmware is up-to-date : they update automatically given the right conditions:

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

✽ Check which iOS version is installed on the iPhone (or MacOS on the Mac etc.) you use with the AirPods:

Eg: About iOS 17 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 17.0.3 is the up-to-date version.

✽ How to: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

______________________________________________________________________________________

More info:

Discussion thread: People not hearing my voice on phone calls

I have AirPods Pro (1st Gen) and every ti… - Apple Community

More support . info. if needed:

AirPods Support Website:

Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your AirPods...

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

microphone on airpods is very poor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.