Old ipad 2 activation lock

I had a Ipad 2 lying around for like 5 6 years I didn’t use it because i thought it was broken but apparently when i recently charged it with a new charger cable it worked , here’s the scenario the apple id email i used with that account has been blocked by Microsoft because it was hacked and microsoft is not letting me activate that account stating the account is too old and has breached t&c, on the other hand I don’t remember any details login credentials regarding my ipad 2 i only remember the passode but now the activation lock has been enabled and i have no way of recovering because on one hand i don't have access to my Microsoft account and on other apple account , even to remove activation lock i don't have any buying receipts or anything with me because Its decade old and i don't have any details regarding it , i tried to contact apple through chat but in Sri lanka it seems like the chat option is not available they are only showing me authorized resellers i called them and they said that they cant do anything regarding to apple id issues and try to use chat option but no matter how much i tried never got to show the chat option and we don’t even get calling support for sri lanka so i dont know what to do with it basically , i wanted to fix the ipad 2 back cause i thought i could use it for pdf reading and some work so i want to know if theres anyway to get this fixed

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 11:51 AM

You must contact apple support and explain that you don't have access to the mail address anymore to see if you can enroll in account recovery

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple won't remove the activation lock for you as you don't have valid proof of purchase information unfortunately.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2023 11:51 AM in response to Ivanjay

You must contact apple support and explain that you don't have access to the mail address anymore to see if you can enroll in account recovery

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Apple won't remove the activation lock for you as you don't have valid proof of purchase information unfortunately.

Old ipad 2 activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.