Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Turn off auto enhance on Instagram iPhone 15 Pro etc.

I just received the iPhone 15 Pro. I am finding the macro function does a lot of camera switching and takes blurry shots which is super frustrating, but what is more frustrating is that I can't seem to post any photos to Instagram without automatic photo enhancement. As soon as I select a photo from my library, it is auto enhanced leading to unnatural colors and blow out mostly. They look terrible. I turned off HDR and did all of the tricks suggested for taking photos, but can't seem to figure this one out. Also, any macro suggestions are appreciated. We compared my macro shots with my husbands iPhone 13 and his are much better. Any ideas?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 6:56 AM

I am experiencing this same issue! Just got the iphone 15 yesterday. Did you figure out a permanent solution to insta auto enhancing your photos?

24 replies

Oct 24, 2023 8:51 PM in response to KMB_12

Thanks so much! I played with the phone today and discovered that if I import photos to Camera + and then back to my photo library that I can post to Instagram without auto enhancement of photos. If it posts directly to Insta from the iPhone camera, it auto enhances, which doesn't happen in the other instance. Kinda too much work in my opinion to be able to post from the iPhone camera. I will (re) contact Apple Support. Thanks again

Oct 24, 2023 2:57 PM in response to michaplot

Hi there michaplot,

You'll want to be sure to review the information in this support article for guidance on how to best capture photos using macro on your iPhone camera: Take macro photos and videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

Regarding the automatic photo enhancement you mentioned, is this only happening when posting photos on Instagram? If so, you'd want to reach out to Instagram's support team for more help with how photos appear in their app: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

If not, and this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're better equipped to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Apple Support

Take care.

Apr 14, 2024 8:01 PM in response to Ongunn

This works—thank you! I have no idea why putting my phone into low power mode should correct this issue, but I'm grateful for this workaround so my posted pictures aren't all ruined by that horrible default AI auto-filtering. And I don't know whether it's Apple or Instagram causing it, but I am glad to have a way to stop it! The implicit assumption seems to be that we all take horrible photos that always need "fixing"?? Really unfortunate decision on some tech team's part. 🙄

Turn off auto enhance on Instagram iPhone 15 Pro etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.