Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 10.1 : Heart rate complication invisible

Hello everyone,

I just updated my Apple Watch to watchOS 10.1. The heart rate complication is now invisible. I can tap where it used to be and it does open the Heart Rate app. So, it's there but just invisible.

I tested other watch faces to confirm the issue and all the faces I tried also do not display the complication any longer.

A forced restart did not fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 5:01 AM

Getting to think seriously that Apple is losing contact with its customers. Just getting too big to care, OR having so many complaints they just can’t reply fast enough.

COME ON APPLE!!! GET YOUR S**T TOGETHER!!! There are too many of us that reply on the Apple Watch for health reasons for you to ignore us!! Ugh!!!!

Similar questions

192 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2023 5:01 AM in response to 6x6

Getting to think seriously that Apple is losing contact with its customers. Just getting too big to care, OR having so many complaints they just can’t reply fast enough.

COME ON APPLE!!! GET YOUR S**T TOGETHER!!! There are too many of us that reply on the Apple Watch for health reasons for you to ignore us!! Ugh!!!!

Nov 7, 2023 9:00 AM in response to 6x6

I reached out to Apple Customer Service about this, two nights ago. They informed me that their “contact” at Apple is fully aware of this issue (and this form) and that a bug fix will be happening with a future OS update… “eventually”.

When I tried to get them to commit to a estimated timeline (like having this fixed by US Thanksgiving - Nov 23rd?) they just repeated that it will get fixed “eventually”.

So yeah, Apple knows (and does not care) that one of their core, basic features for Apple Watch, isn’t working.

Customer Service told me their “contact” advised that I try the “Modular” watch face as a temporary work-around. I replied that I had tried that, and it wasn't working. They said, “Oh, I will take note of that” as a lame reply.

It was at this point that I told customer service that I had been genuinely considering trading in my Apple Watch 6 for a new Watch 9 (I legitimately had the Watch 9 and Trade-In in my checkout cart on Apple Store app). However, I was not keen to go purchase a $500 watch that has one of its main features, already broken at time of purchase.

The customer service rep advised me to “trade in the Watch to get the value for it”.

So it looks like I will trade in my Watch 6 … for an Apple Store gift card.

I will likely look at a much less expensive FitBit “Charge 6” Watch, instead. At least they show the heart rate consistently (🙄) and they have a 7 day battery life, and have way more features (like blood glucose monitoring and temperature alerts).

In future, I may reconsider and get another Apple watch… if Apple can stop breaking core features with basic software updates and then having a lackadaisical approach of taking weeks to months to fix the errors they caused to begin with! 😡

I am a longtime loyal Apple customer and have spent literally thousands of dollars in Apple products over the years. These type of lazy responses to fixing self-inflected functionality errors are certainly not encouraging me to remain loyal if “we will get around to it, eventually” is the only response from Apple on this.

Yeah, “I will get to it… eventually” is the same “timeline” my ex gave for fixing my broken kitchen faucet (for 3 months)… guess who got a new faucet (and boyfriend)? 🙋🏼‍♀️

Oct 26, 2023 6:56 AM in response to 6x6

Same here. It does show on the new widgets. Oddly, it does show up when you go to edit the complications.

As a workaround, you can drag the cardio widget to the top of the widgets. It will pop up with the new double tap. Nevertheless, extremely disappointing that Apple and all the beta users could have missed such an obvious bug on a very common widget!!!!

Nov 5, 2023 4:26 AM in response to 6x6

I had the same issue.

I fixed it though: remove the watch face that contains this complication and just add it back with the same settings.

Now heart rate is visible again. I had this issue in the Activity Digital and the heart rate was at the bottom.

Apple Watch 8 45mm Cellular with watchOS 10.1.

EDIT: never mind.. as some said above, it does not update. Mine is stuck on 20min. ago. Doesn’t matter if I click on it and it measures it again.

Oct 28, 2023 1:12 PM in response to Meag_96

I have POTS as well! I never know when I might have any fainting episodes. I’m always checking my HR religiously when something doesn’t feel “right”. Being able to see and record my pulse and the fall detection are the only reasons I got this watch. Not being able to take a quick glance and see what my HR is, is gonna trigger panic attacks.

Apple!! Get your act in gear and PLEASE fix this mess immediately!!!!!

Oct 31, 2023 8:39 AM in response to bpaljohn

I am stunned this has not been cared for with so many users dependent on the heart features and Apples ongoing focus on health. I am put off by the fact in 2 store visits and new watch purchase at one of them, no one would check for a known issue with heart rate feature. This forum has been reporting them for weeks if not months. I didn’t want to buy the 9 watch, I was going to wait for the 10. Hoping they get on the ball. Heart patients and those focused on health are suffering.

Oct 26, 2023 7:14 PM in response to 6x6

This issue has been reported to Apple Support.

The Heart Rate complication does not display data when used some watch faces when the complication occupies a full width position like at the bottom of the face "Activity Digital". The smaller Heart Rate complications can be used in the other positions. It only shows a heart logo, tapping on it, connects to the full heart rate data.

Workaround: The Heart Rate complication works for me in the bottom of the “Modular Compact" face.

Oct 26, 2023 3:35 PM in response to 6x6

Attaching the Heart Rate app has always worked on the Wayfinder app with Watch OS 10.1 (I think). My big problem is the missing Blood Oxygen and ECG apps. Nothing I've tried has worked. As for the Heart Rate I don't know why it shows up and the others don't.

The suggestion I have for everyone is report it to Apple giving as much detail as you can. This is the Feedback web address: Product Feedback - Apple

watchOS 10.1 : Heart rate complication invisible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.