Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

podcasts just unfollows my followed podcasts

Twice in the past week, apple podcast app just deleted my followed shows. I follow several free podcast stations and I checked the recent episodes and there were none. Then I checked the shows and it said “add a show to follow”. Clearly my followed shows are now unfollowed which I did not do. I reported it to apple but they said it wasn’t a glitch. Currently running 17.03 (and just update to 17.1). Have an iPhone 15 pro.

thank you

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 25, 2023 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 3:14 PM

This has been happening to me too for quite some time. I use MacOS as my primary method of "following" podcasts and sync them to my iPhone. Two of the three that I follow have been exhibiting this behavior (across MacOS 12.*, 13.* and now 14.*). It is quite the annoying "glitch" in my opinion that needs to be fixed.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2023 3:14 PM in response to met19

This has been happening to me too for quite some time. I use MacOS as my primary method of "following" podcasts and sync them to my iPhone. Two of the three that I follow have been exhibiting this behavior (across MacOS 12.*, 13.* and now 14.*). It is quite the annoying "glitch" in my opinion that needs to be fixed.

podcasts just unfollows my followed podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.