Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 15 lock screen delay ( wake up ) IOS 17.1 problem

While with widgets on lock screen i turn on my iphone 15 then it takes around 1-2sec to open. Kindly provide solution.

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 5:58 PM

Since I updated my iphone 15 pro to IOS17.1, I noticed that when I tap the locked screen or pick up the phone, the screen takes a while to wake up. Turning off the device or restarting it only improves the problem for a few hours. Nothing works, I hope they improve this quickly, it's very annoying

97 replies

Nov 5, 2023 9:19 PM in response to manvel113

My phone suddenly stopped doing this and i have not force restarted last 3 days cause i think i found the issue. Apple still need to fix it ,but i found strange interaction between whats on your lock screen and this issue. I change new wallpaper pretty often and when i am not using dept effect it fixes it for good. Try to set new wallpaper even if its the same without dept effect from lock screen. I switched dept effect off and i dont have this issue. If i now try to have a wallpaper with dept effect issue reappears.

Nov 2, 2023 10:55 AM in response to Mohitrathee

I went from 14 pro to S23 ultra for a while and now i got back to 15 pro again, this felt really bad , like this phone while so powerful it feels so much worse than android in terms of speed and response time that i hope this is fixable cause lately ios software is kinda joke. Especially the new call screen if poster card is not made for a given contant... and i wont manually do 1400 contacts.. its getting very strange and it makes me wonder who is working for apple on design team lately , but the late screen and touch response is awful compared to competition for sure.

Nov 26, 2023 4:00 PM in response to lukazduck

(iphone 15 pro max - ios 17.1.1 )

YES! I am having the same problem and surprisingly i first noticed it on ios 17.1.1 , sometimes it takes me 4-5 taps for my iPhone to actually register that I am tapping it. However I have noticed it get better and not do it as much some days it doesn’t even do it even if I want it to- thankfully I have videos of it doing it if I ever need to show apple. and I have done all of the basics; and I don’t have tap duration on(apple said that they have seen the problem but with tap duration) I have tried force restarting my device, volume up volume down hold till apple logo, updating apps, turning tap to wake off and back on again(even though it was on in the first place) raise to wake off and back on again, my diagnostics pass the hardware test every time and my system software seems to be pretty stable. I still have yet to put this phone in recovery mode to see if it fixes the issue - how is the issue coming for you?

Iphone 15 lock screen delay ( wake up ) IOS 17.1 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.