Can No Longer Text to Samsung Phones

I have an iPhone Pro 13 Max and was texting with a Samsung phone with no problems and all of a sudden my messages could not be delivered. I tried texting to other Samsung phones and my texts will not go through to ANY Samsung phone. I did not change any settings - SMS and MMS have been enabled since I got my phone so that is not the issue. I have since tried to fix the problem by ensuring my IOS is up to date (it is); I confirmed I had cellular data turned on; I tried rebooting my phone; I turned airplane mode on and then off again; I reset my network settings. None of these have fixed the issue and I am unsure what to do next.

I also have an iPad mini paired with my iPhone and I can no longer send texts to Samsung phones on that now, either.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 9:25 AM

Shilogirl wrote:

Update –I can send to Samsung phones as long as the message is sent to more than one phone – the other phone does not need to be an iPhone.  But a text sent to one Samsung phone only would not go through.  I then enabled “Show Subject Field” and “Character Count” in my Messages settings (something I have never had enabled before) and I can now send texts to individual Samsung phones BUT I have to have something entered in both the “Subject Field” and “Character Count” for the message to go through – even it if is just a space it will work but if there is nothing, the message will not go through.  I don’t understand it but texts to Samsungs are currently working again.

Yeah generally you don't have to enable those settings to send text message but glad you got it sorted out.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2023 9:25 AM in response to Shilogirl

Shilogirl wrote:

Update –I can send to Samsung phones as long as the message is sent to more than one phone – the other phone does not need to be an iPhone.  But a text sent to one Samsung phone only would not go through.  I then enabled “Show Subject Field” and “Character Count” in my Messages settings (something I have never had enabled before) and I can now send texts to individual Samsung phones BUT I have to have something entered in both the “Subject Field” and “Character Count” for the message to go through – even it if is just a space it will work but if there is nothing, the message will not go through.  I don’t understand it but texts to Samsungs are currently working again.

Yeah generally you don't have to enable those settings to send text message but glad you got it sorted out.

Nov 2, 2023 4:18 PM in response to Shilogirl

Shilogirl wrote:

I have an iPhone Pro 13 Max and was texting with a Samsung phone with no problems and all of a sudden my messages could not be delivered. I tried texting to other Samsung phones and my texts will not go through to ANY Samsung phone. I did not change any settings - SMS and MMS have been enabled since I got my phone so that is not the issue. I have since tried to fix the problem by ensuring my IOS is up to date (it is); I confirmed I had cellular data turned on; I tried rebooting my phone; I turned airplane mode on and then off again; I reset my network settings. None of these have fixed the issue and I am unsure what to do next.

I also have an iPad mini paired with my iPhone and I can no longer send texts to Samsung phones on that now, either.

Any suggestions?

Yup SMS is a phone carrier feature, report it to yours so they can resolve the issue.

Nov 2, 2023 9:47 PM in response to razmee209

Thank you. I spoke with the carrier and they were unable to resolve the problem so they have submitted a ticket for me - resolution can take up to five business days. I have since discovered I can send a photo from my camera roll to a Samsung phone and I can also share an article from Apple news and these will go through. Also, if I do a group text with an iPhone and a Samsung, the text will go to both phones. It seems I just can't send a typed text to a Samsung unless I also include an iPhone.

Nov 3, 2023 9:22 AM in response to Shilogirl

Can No Longer Text to Samsung Phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.