Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Can't edit iTunes playlist

I have bought a new pc and dowloaded iTunes. When I connect my iPhones 6 with cable to the pc, I can se my playlists in ITunes bur not edit them. Whats the problem. Thanking for help.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 1:25 PM

Just to make sure, are you looking at the Playlists in your Library, under the heading Music Playlists, rather than under Devices (which is "on the phone, but through the PC")? See the screenshot:

You should be looking under the Music Playlists heading. These are the playlists lists that you should edit. Then you Sync those changes (edits) to the phone by using iTunes' Sync. If you cannot edit them, check to ensure that the songs in the Playlist will play. If they don't, that's the issue.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2023 1:25 PM in response to svend0121

Just to make sure, are you looking at the Playlists in your Library, under the heading Music Playlists, rather than under Devices (which is "on the phone, but through the PC")? See the screenshot:

You should be looking under the Music Playlists heading. These are the playlists lists that you should edit. Then you Sync those changes (edits) to the phone by using iTunes' Sync. If you cannot edit them, check to ensure that the songs in the Playlist will play. If they don't, that's the issue.

Nov 7, 2023 1:52 AM in response to svend0121

turingtest2 has explained the difference between your two devices. In other words, the iPod appears to be set to Manually Manage, while your phone is set to Sync.

Therefore, you cannot edit the playlists directly on your phone and your screenshot shows that you are currently viewing the phone:

Indstillinger/resume

På min enhed

(No, I don't speak Danish. Google Translate is my friend)

• Tap the back arrow button at the top of your iTunes window to return to your library:

• you will now see a screen like the one I posted in my first post
  • look for the heading Musik afspilningslister (if that is not Danish for Music Playlists, my friendship with Google Translate may falter)
  • edit your playlist under the heading Musik afspilningslister and then use Sync to cause those changes to take effect on your phone
  • to add that change to your iPod, which you appear to have set to Manually Manage, you will need to delete the Playlist on the iPod wand then drag the new one onto it in its place

Can't edit iTunes playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.