Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Bluetooth issues on my iPhone adter iOS 17 update

I have problem with bluetooth with the newest version of ios. My version is 17.1.1 and the it constantly disconnecting on all devices. i searched a lot and i found that there are so many people who have this problem with their iphone in different models.

I've reset my setting, i did so many things which i've found on internet. but it didn't fix yet.

Could you please fix it as soon as possible? it's really annoying

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:04 AM

iPhone 14max

Just updated both my phone and my wife’s phone to 17.1.1. Killed Bluetooth on both.

sees devices but refuses to pair. Tried all the web ‘tricks’ so far no luck.

remove device

try re-adding - nothing

reset network settings - nothing

reboot - nothing

smash iPhone and purchase android- ed just yet

Apple takes away headphone port then kills Bluetooth- Steve has to laughing!!!

in other news… Apple seeking qualified QA testers. 😆

110 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 9:04 AM in response to negin120

iPhone 14max

Just updated both my phone and my wife’s phone to 17.1.1. Killed Bluetooth on both.

sees devices but refuses to pair. Tried all the web ‘tricks’ so far no luck.

remove device

try re-adding - nothing

reset network settings - nothing

reboot - nothing

smash iPhone and purchase android- ed just yet

Apple takes away headphone port then kills Bluetooth- Steve has to laughing!!!

in other news… Apple seeking qualified QA testers. 😆

Nov 19, 2023 4:14 PM in response to negin120

I had a rather sinister issue with 17.1.1 when my 12 pro max connected to the car with no problem but would not connect to audio. After deleting and re pairing a couple of times with no success it actually froze the car audio/satnav unit until I turned Bluetooth off in phone. Shut down and rebooted phone and everything is ok, but it suggests there may be a deeper problem that needs to be identified.

Nov 24, 2023 2:09 PM in response to airjarvis

Problems with pairing my hearing aids to my iPhone 13 since upgrading to version 17.1.1. Prior to the upgrade the pairing was automatic when I put my hearing aids in each morning and stayed all day. After the upgrade, I started missing calls because they were not paired and the audible ringer was turned off. Not being paired, the phone was not ringing in my aids. I find that I can only get them paired immediately after taking the hearing aids out of the charger which turns the hearing aids on. If I pair them in the morning, they may lose the pairing at some point during the day despite the fact that my iPhone is no farther away than my pocket. at this moment, the left on is still paired, but the right one is not. What is the answer?

Dec 23, 2023 12:52 PM in response to negin120

Forever I've used Bluetooth in my Honda for calls, but after iOS 17 I can't hear through the stereo and because it's still connected I can't switch to the phone. So forever driving with my phone was safe now it's not. The real problem is too many "engineers" incrementally increase complexity to incrementally increase utility, and unfortunately complexity is exponential and utility remains linear.

Nov 28, 2023 2:55 PM in response to Confused_now13

Seeing this, and translating my “car audio system locking up” issues (see above, thankfully they haven’t recurred) into hearing aids, I just want to say that Apple needs to get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

Just for the meanwhile have you tried making sure that your phone is in the pocket nearest the “master” hearing aid?

it shouldn’t matter if bluetooth is working properly but it has a hard time travelling through water which is pretty much what we are made of.

Dec 30, 2023 2:04 PM in response to negin120

Due to the holiday break, I’ve finally seen how to “fix” the issue on calls, when I’m not driving. When I have any BT earbud or headset connected, if the other caller cannot hear me, I have to look at the call screen (the one that Apple moved the buttons on iOS 17), tap on the audio device button, tap iPhone, and then tap on my BT device. When I do that, the other caller hears me on my BT device, and sometimes the volume goes all the way up on my BT device.

I can’t believe they aren’t aware of this problem. BT is older than iOS. The major danger that I see with this bug is that most of the time it’s happening while a call is in progress, and it’s also happening while an iPhone is connected to a car. When I’m driving I can’t fool around with the screen; I have to drop the call and call back. What is happening to Apple? If they are so worried about security, why did they bother with changing BT settings?

Nov 13, 2023 1:13 PM in response to negin120

Same, having this issue with my pops iPhone and his hearing aids,

phone calls are not connecting to his hearing aid as the first option and there is no priority feature under incoming calls leaving him frustrated and isolated, especially when in hospital

he doesn’t understand texting and is over 80yo, from an accessibility standpoint this is atrocious and have found reports of similar issues since iOS 17 was released with no update

Dec 2, 2023 9:49 PM in response to negin120

me too. I headed to the Apple Store today. All they can do is running the diagnosis for the hardware and everything looks fine, and they can only reinstall the operating system for me which I do not think would be useful. I am holding iphone 15 pro max with ios 17.1.2

whenever I come into my car, the bluetooth will disconnect automatically and connect again, more wired thing is only happens inside my car.

And the glitch is still, I've did the troubleshooting

1. I forget the devices and repair, no help.
  2. I forget the devices on my car system, no help
  3. I restarted the iPhone, no help
  4. I searched my car to see if there is any other bluetooth device, none, and no help
  5. I use Apple official cable line to avoid electrical field which may cause bluetooth signal unstable, and no help
  6. I try to use another bluetooth device(SONY 1000XM4), and still disconnect and connect back and forth
  7. Pair with my another iphone 13mini, works good ( Guess this is because of the iphone 13mini has 17.0 ios version)
  8. reset the bluetooth device, no help.

That is very annoyed.

Nov 24, 2023 1:42 PM in response to negin120

I had this issue since the release of ios 17.0. My airpods pro 2 disconnect frequently. I thought it was my airpods and i had them replaced but it started now on other BT devices/headphones too. iOS 17 is garbage. Lots of issues with music app, volume slider and also UI issues as well. And apparently BT is affected now too. The richest software company and they can't even fix things in a timely matter. Really disappointed after i bought watch se, 15PM, iPad Pro 12.9 and Macbook. Seems like i threw several thousand dollars down the toilet because they can't even fix the most basic issues.

Bluetooth issues on my iPhone adter iOS 17 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.