Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 not sharing location

I am using the Find My iPhone to share location with people and now one of those people cannot see my location and I am unable to share my location with them

I have reset my phone. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ve turned things off. I’ve reset it checked every possible thing and I still receive a message that says

“share location unavailable. Please try again later.”

it only started since I’ve had the new iPhone 15PRO No issues with my previous iPhone 11. I Have researched every possible thing to do to make this fix. Can I return my iPhone 15PRO and get one that’s functions as it’s supposed to ?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 9:42 AM

Did you ever get this resolved? Same issue with sons phone since we got it a week ago

Similar questions

11 replies

Mar 3, 2024 8:01 PM in response to MyIPHONE15

So, I tried a bunch of different things.

Settings > Mobile Data and then Enable for Find My

didn't work for me, even after reset,

HOWEVER—in Settings > Find My, there was an option to opt-in into something called the Find My Network.

I did that + resetting my phone and Find My location is working normally again.

MyIPHONE15 wrote:

I am using the Find My iPhone to share location with people and now one of those people cannot see my location and I am unable to share my location with them
I have reset my phone. I’ve restarted my phone. I’ve turned things off. I’ve reset it checked every possible thing and I still receive a message that says
“share location unavailable. Please try again later.”
it only started since I’ve had the new iPhone 15PRO No issues with my previous iPhone 11. I Have researched every possible thing to do to make this fix. Can I return my iPhone 15PRO and get one that’s functions as it’s supposed to ?

Nov 13, 2023 10:40 PM in response to MyIPHONE15

The hyperlink located at the top of the page you accessed before submitting your question here is positioned under the section labeled "Related Article." It's possible that this article could have contained the information you were seeking.

To assist you more effectively, could you please specify which specific portion of the article wasn't clear to you? Unfortunately, the details you've provided are quite limited, making it challenging to accurately determine the exact issue you encountered. If you could provide additional context or information, I'd be better equipped to help you address the problems you're facing.

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

May 2, 2024 11:54 AM in response to EllenMF

I am having a similar issue with my brand new iPhone 15 Pro Max. I had no issues with location sharing on my 12 Pro Max. The issue is seeing folks' locations (who are sharing it with me) through the iMessage app. I keep getting "Location Not Found". If I go into the Find My app, I see some that I don't get through iMessage, and some others I DO see in iMessage, I am not seeing their location within Find My app. I agree with the earlier person, my iPhone 12 Pro was less buggy than this one.

May 2, 2024 12:48 PM in response to EllenMF

I am having a similar issue with my new iPhone 15 Pro Max. I had no issues with location sharing on my 12 Pro Max. The issue is seeing folks' locations (who are sharing it with me) through the iMessage app. I keep getting "Location Not Found". If I go into the Find My app, I see some that I don't get through iMessage, and some others I DO see in iMessage, I am not seeing their location within Find My app. I tried someone's suggestion of signing out and back into my Apple ID, then restarting the phone, but that seems to have made it worse. Now in iMessage, it appears that I have to Share Location and Request Location again with everyone I was previously sharing with. But, the Find My app still shows all as before: I still have location shared with all my family and friends and I still see location of them as well.

iPhone 15 not sharing location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.