Payment for iCloud+ (50GB storage) billing

I received the following message: “On 11/17/2023 you are scheduled to be charged $0.99 for iCloud+ with 50 GB of storage, but there is a problem with your payment information.Please update your payment information as soon as possible. If we cannot successfully charge your account, it will be downgraded to the free 5 GB plan and your service may be affected.”

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 5:31 PM

tyree246 Said:

"Payment for iCloud+ (50GB storage) billing: I received the following message: “On 11/17/2023 you are scheduled to be charged $0.99 for iCloud+ with 50 GB of storage, but there is a problem with your payment information.Please update your payment information as soon as possible. If we cannot successfully charge your account, it will be downgraded to the free 5 GB plan and your service may be affected.”"

-------

Troubleshooting Billing Info Message:

That is a scam. Apple wouldn't send you an a ransom-sounding eMail or SMS text message. So, what seems to have occurred here is a scam..

So, Report this Message and Secure your Info:

Being account accessibility is of big concern here, (I.)report this message, and (II.)secure your account.

I. Report this Message:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others (such as your government). Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

and...

II. Secure your Info:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having received this, someone may have your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 5:31 PM in response to tyree246

tyree246 Said:

"Payment for iCloud+ (50GB storage) billing: I received the following message: “On 11/17/2023 you are scheduled to be charged $0.99 for iCloud+ with 50 GB of storage, but there is a problem with your payment information.Please update your payment information as soon as possible. If we cannot successfully charge your account, it will be downgraded to the free 5 GB plan and your service may be affected.”"

-------

Troubleshooting Billing Info Message:

That is a scam. Apple wouldn't send you an a ransom-sounding eMail or SMS text message. So, what seems to have occurred here is a scam..

So, Report this Message and Secure your Info:

Being account accessibility is of big concern here, (I.)report this message, and (II.)secure your account.

I. Report this Message:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others (such as your government). Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

and...

II. Secure your Info:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having received this, someone may have your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them...

Payment for iCloud+ (50GB storage) billing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.