Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iOS 17.1.1 Issues on iPhone

My phones volume is ALL MESSED UP. Connected to Bluetooth in my car? can hardly hear, but all volumes are maxed.

connect to my AirPods? Music is fine, but all notifications of any kind are SO GD LOUD I can’t wear them.

volume is low, but 50% of the day my keyboard clicks were so loud I had to silence my phone. I didn’t even know that the clicks could be that loud! It was insane!

all my ringtones and alert sounds are changed/different - not a fan.

anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 5:13 AM

My phone updated almost two days ago to iOS 17 and it’s been super slow/ laggy. Some apps completely froze, Findmy isn’t working AT ALL, no family members shown. Locations inside message info aren’t working like it should either, with live and refresh ability. Only seems to show old data. This is what I’ve noticed in two days. Does anyone know how to go back to IOS 16 until they figure out these bugs?

Similar questions

448 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2023 5:13 AM in response to JustineBo23

My phone updated almost two days ago to iOS 17 and it’s been super slow/ laggy. Some apps completely froze, Findmy isn’t working AT ALL, no family members shown. Locations inside message info aren’t working like it should either, with live and refresh ability. Only seems to show old data. This is what I’ve noticed in two days. Does anyone know how to go back to IOS 16 until they figure out these bugs?

Nov 22, 2023 9:43 PM in response to JustineBo23

I have NEVER noticed unusual things going on with my phone after an update, but there are dental this time. One that’s probably minor but very annoying is the ability to edit a long text. I can no longer place the cursor where I need to edit something. The cursor returns instantly to the last word typed in a text. There are other issues too, but I’m never at a spot where I can stop everything I’m doing to write them down or get onto this site and report the issue. I’ll try to make a list and post again.

Nov 28, 2023 6:29 PM in response to JustineBo23

Updated my iPhone 12 with 17.1.1 and now I have tons of issues with connectivity. I have two Apple watches that I swap between and airPod Pro 2 headphones. They used to all connect automatically with seamless functionality. Now it takes multiple attempts of opening and closing my case and putting in and taking out the AirPods before they will connect and then they will disconnect multiple times during my phone call or my listening experience or whatever it is I'm doing. It doesn't matter what app it is. my watches are slow to connect and sometimes I have to go into my Bluetooth settings and manually select the watch or the iPods or the Bluetooth connection in my car before it will actually connect to it. This problem immediately started following the update my phone had no issues before. This is an apple software problem!

Nov 22, 2023 9:32 AM in response to SravanKrA

This 17.1.1 update screwed up my phone, as well as hundreds of others that have posted about this update on the support forums!

how dare you say it’s the users fault!

this was a forced update for me; I didn’t have a choice! Now I am unable to make or recieve phone calls well, as the screen turns this white shade, and the call quality sounds like a strange loud buzzer in the background!

thousands of people are complaining about this update! Read the **** forums!

Nov 22, 2023 4:53 PM in response to JustineBo23

This is the worst update I’ve ever seen. My iPhone screen keeps on changing brightness, my iPad keeps on crashing, I’m trying to receive a text from PayPal and it won’t come through. I deleted my history, I rebooted, and nothing is better. Unless Apple comes up with a patch very very quickly, I’m going to have to uninstall it. And that comes with its own set of headaches. I had not one issue with my iPad or iPhone before this disaster. I can’t wait until the middle of December for a patch. And the way they changed the contact pages in my phone, WHY? So the contact can have a the contact can have a bigger picture bigger picture bigger picture? And those are only the bugs that I know about because I’ve only had it for just 12 hours.

Nov 22, 2023 4:01 AM in response to JustineBo23

i am having major issues with my iPhone 12 since upgrading to iOS 17.1.1 today. WiFi is constantly greyed out, Bluetooth never connects, location services say they are precise and always allowed BUT maps and google maps doesn’t work, comes up with “Location Could Not Be Determined”. Had issues with iOS 16 hence why I updated today, any help would be appreciated as am currently travelling and unable to switch my phone

Nov 21, 2023 4:45 PM in response to BrasilNut

I had NO issues with my iphone sounds prior to the iOS 17.1.1 update. The upgrade DID "alter the fundamental functionality of the device...there were [NO] underlying issues before this update."

Unfortunately, your response does not address the fact that my alert and notification tones are silent. The haptics work.

I figured it out. I was auto connected to a bluetooth speaker that was not being used. I turned the option on that speaker to "Not Connected." That solved the problem.

However, I had been connected to that speaker when it was not in use prior to this last upgrade and I had not experienced this issue.

Nov 22, 2023 4:23 PM in response to JustineBo23

I have two iPhone 14s. They worked fine until the update. Now I can hardly make a call on TMobile cell service without it failing, not hearing one side, or having static. Not that internet meetings via google work fine, just phone calls. Enabling Wifi calling does not improve the calls. It looks like the software update messed up the phone function. What is Apple going to do?

Dec 7, 2023 9:40 AM in response to JustineBo23

I’m having a similar problem but with apps, I currently updated to iOS 17.1.2 a couple days ago and I was having problems with the Discord App so I deleted it and re-downloaded the Discord App and apparently I keep getting this loading screen that keeps buffering and I’ve never had this problem at all with apps I think it must be iOS 17 affecting things I’ve done almost every sort of step. I can fix the problem, but nothing is really working because I’ve never had this problem before I really hope that they release another version that is more updated and more stable and that addresses and fixes a lot of these problems because when I uninstall an app, I should be able to reinstall it with no problems whatsoever but that’s not the case I definitely think the new iOS 17 has lots of bugs and that’s affecting things like the app and the loading screen is anybody else having problems with apps not working or loading

iOS 17.1.1 Issues on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.