Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 12 absolutely no notifications after upgrading to iOS 17.1.1

I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 17.1.1 in this morning. Now I don't get any notifications (sounds, icons, previews, etc.) from any apps. I've done a lot of researchs and tried everything but still no notifications.

You need to fix this asap! It is negatively affecting my work.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 5:05 AM

SOLVED!

I had the same problem and contacted apple thankfully they solved. They want to connect to my phone and even that notification didn't come.

(Before starting, please check your İmessage and Facetime. Addition to notification problem I also have FaceTime and Imessage wasn't working.)

Even they work fine, please try this:

Solving steps:

Go to: Settings>General>Transfer or Reset(don't worry you won't delete anything)>reset>location and privacy

Once you click to reset the location and privacy, then you have to turn off your phone and wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn on your phone and it must be solved.

91 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2023 5:05 AM in response to MartinNguyen1990

SOLVED!

I had the same problem and contacted apple thankfully they solved. They want to connect to my phone and even that notification didn't come.

(Before starting, please check your İmessage and Facetime. Addition to notification problem I also have FaceTime and Imessage wasn't working.)

Even they work fine, please try this:

Solving steps:

Go to: Settings>General>Transfer or Reset(don't worry you won't delete anything)>reset>location and privacy

Once you click to reset the location and privacy, then you have to turn off your phone and wait at least 30 seconds.

Turn on your phone and it must be solved.

Nov 27, 2023 11:54 PM in response to MartinNguyen1990

I also encountered the same error with my iphone 12 pro max. After upgrading to iOS 17.1.1, no any notifications from all apps. I have tried resetting the iphone (data and network) as well as restarting the iphone several times, but still not worked.

Hopefully Apple can fix this error and release the patch via next updated version as soon as possible.

Nov 23, 2023 5:07 PM in response to MartinNguyen1990

I had tried just now its work for my phone.

Go to settings > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Enter Your Passcode > Reset Network Settings > Auto Restart

Wait until phone start, wait a moment...... Restart your phone again... and try your apps.

Open refresh your apps, force stop (Slide Up, close your app), re-open app again.

Hope its help.

Jan 9, 2024 3:22 AM in response to MartinNguyen1990

The exact same thing has happened on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. This is SERIOUS !! Apps that are affected for me include security camera apps and all financial apps (ie,. banks, etc.).

I tried the Privacy & Location reset - that did not work. But it was a nightmare though - after this reset, I had to go through all my apps that use FaceID and reset. Thankful, no harm done.

But that got me thinking. ALL the apps that have stopped working after the 17.2.1 upgrade ALL use Face ID. ALL apps that continued to send notifications after this upgrade, do not use Face ID.

So come on Apple - that must be a BIG clue as to what is causing this very serious issue.

I haven't tried re-installing apps as this is a non-starter for me. I'm not going through the involved re-install of my financial apps - many of which will entail re-setting with the financial company - on the off-chance it might work.

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE APPLE - WE NEED A FIX ASAP.

Nov 23, 2023 12:43 AM in response to MartinNguyen1990

MartinNguyen1990 Said:

"iPhone 12 absolutely no notifications after upgrading to iOS 17.1.1: They all do not work. Probably I will need to wait until the next update."

-------

Thank you for the following reply.

A. Disable Do Not Disturb:

1. Open: Control Center (Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen).
  2. Tap: Focus
  3. Tap: Do Not Disturb (so that it is greyed-out)

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Being suspicious of a bug, most certainly this bug to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: That this all started after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Nov 27, 2023 3:30 PM in response to MartinNguyen1990

The iPhone 17.1. Is the worst update yet? What are you doing? Trying to justify your IT people working for iPhone or Apple whichever. When my phone contract is up in the spring, I will be going back to android anything but Apple you have gone backwards instead of forward.!

I cannot receive messages I cannot receive text notifications even though they’re all set to do so. This is disgusting.

Mar 26, 2024 8:31 PM in response to Workinsanity

Many thanks for your update Workinsanity, and your work with Apple support - I'm sure all users that are suffering from this issue truly appreciate it.

Irrespective of whether it is a third-party that Apple use for Notifications, the code is still incorporated into the OS and therefore Apple's responsibility.

To be honest, I am extremely surprised, and very concerned, to learn that Apple is incorporating third-party code into their OS: especially, third-party code that has serious failings. I was always led to believe that Apple code was "Apple". Incorporating such external code into Apple's OS must raise serious questions on the robustness and security of Apple's OS?

With respect to your obvious experience, my results of the 2 solutions you mentioned are the complete opposite to yours:

• Reinstalling the affected apps did not resolve the issue for me - I laboriously reinstalled 20+ apps, all to no avail.
    • The update to 17.3 did fix the issue for me for all apps - and remains the case even with update to 17.4.1

This is obviously a complex and convoluted issue, compounded by - what we now know - third-party code.

Nevertheless, this is a very serious issue that is having real-world detrimental effects and security issues.

For me, the issue stopped notifications from security cameras and financial/banking apps (amongst many, many others). The stopping of notifications from such apps has real-world security implications:

• security camera apps no longer alert to unauthorised access
    • banking apps no longer alert to unauthorised use/fraud of one's bank account

Many other users have confirmed that this issue is seriously affecting their work.

As wrdman stated, "Apple is LONG overdue to address this issue".

Apple you MUST resolve this issue as a matter of utmost importance and priority - whether that be your own code or that of a third-party.

Nov 22, 2023 8:14 PM in response to MartinNguyen1990

MartinNguyen1990 Said:

"iPhone 12 absolutely no notifications after upgrading to iOS 17.1.1: Thanks for your reply but it doesn't work. The phone doesn't display any notifications even from a Facebook messenger call."

-------

Troubleshooting Notifications on an iPhone:

Some links that may help...

Dec 1, 2023 7:02 AM in response to MartinNguyen1990

I found the solution to this issue!!!

All you need to do is turn off iMessage and FaceTime, force restart the device and reopen iMessage and FaceTime again.

After that you should also switch scheduled summary notifications off then back on.

Finally, wait about 15 to 30 minutes and the notification will slowly turn back to normal.

*My device: iPhone 12 Pro Max

Nov 22, 2023 7:53 PM in response to MartinNguyen1990

MartinNguyen1990 Said:

"iPhone 12 absolutely no notifications after upgrading to iOS 17.1.1: I upgraded my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 17.1.1 in this morning. Now I don't get any notifications (sounds, icons, previews, etc.) from any apps. I've done a lot of researchs and tried everything but still no notifications."

-------

You need to fix this asap! It is negatively affecting my work.

If Getting no Notifications...

Report back if this works. I am eager to know...

Clear you Notification History:

1. Go here: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Open from Notification Center
  3. As it Reads: To clear your notification history, tap the Close button, then tap Clear

iPhone 12 absolutely no notifications after upgrading to iOS 17.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.