You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro doesn't recognize internal SSD

Hello, I need your help. For the past couple of days or so, my early 2015 macbook pro (Model Identifier: MacBookPro12.1) no longer recognizes the internal 128 GB SSD and a folder with a blinking question mark is shown when I turn it on. I also tried booting the pc in macOS Recovery mode but even from there unfortunately the boot disk is not seen. Also doing diskutil list from terminal there are a number of containers and volumes but they do not match the capacity of my internal SSD. Only the boot sound can be heard, and this worries me quite a bit since I have important data and would like to access the contents of the storage. Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of this disk and would like to rule out the worst and that is that the SSD has failed at the hardware level. Any suggestions or ideas? The version of the operating system is expected to be macOS High Sierra. Please help me

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2023 5:58 AM in response to AleGallo93

AleGallo93 wrote:

Hello, I need your help. For the past couple of days or so, my early 2015 macbook pro (Model Identifier: MacBookPro12.1) no longer recognizes the internal 128 GB SSD and a folder with a blinking question mark is shown when I turn it on.

I also tried booting the pc in macOS Recovery mode but even from there unfortunately the boot disk is not seen. Also doing diskutil list from terminal there are a number of containers and volumes but they do not match the capacity of my internal SSD.

Only the boot sound can be heard, and this worries me quite a bit since I have important data and would like to access the contents of the storage.

Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of this disk and would like to rule out the worst and that is that the SSD has failed at the hardware level. Any suggestions or ideas? The version of the operating system is expected to be macOS High Sierra. Please help me

You can put the NVMe in an external enclosure and see if it behaves differently

You can replace your internal

OWC/Macsales well ahead of the curve all things Mac w/ excellent customer support

SSD Upgrades for 2013, 2014, and 2015 MacBook Pro

Macbook pro doesn't recognize internal SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.