You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Problem With Country/Region

Hello Guys,

I have a problem with family sharing. In fact, I try to add my son as a member but it shows me the same error every time when I try to invite him. My daughter was able to join successfully.

The error says that we don't have the same region/country. The thing is that I checked the setting of both accounts, and they are set already in the same region/country. Phones are iPhone 14/15 models. I have already tried to logout and re-login in my iCloud account, but nothing happens. Also, I tried to restart both phones but as before it is still not working. Any idea how to solve this?

Can't wait for your help guys. Thanks in advance for your time and your comments.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2023 2:03 PM

I am also having the same issue. Both iPhones media & purchases show United States so they match but I still get the error that they don’t. iPhones are 14 pro max and 15 pro max.

32 replies

Jan 18, 2024 10:16 PM in response to AndreaP6778

I have a scheduled call with senior support tomorrow about this same issue I'm having. I will try to provide an update if they're able to help with this. I am only having this issue with one family members account so far but added a couple others without issue. Might be something causing it on my family members account but the region shows United States.

Dec 3, 2023 1:43 PM in response to AndreaP6778

AndreaP6778 wrote:

The thing is that I checked the setting of both accounts, and they are set already in the same region/country.

How did you perform this check exactly? My guess is you checked Settings > General > Language & Region on both your children’s devices and found they were set correctly. That is insufficient.

Try checking Settings > [the owner’s name] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Country & Region on each iPhone.

Consider the past history of country/region setting on each person’s device.

Jan 10, 2024 7:16 PM in response to AndreaP6778

Same issue. Started with Apple saying our card on file was expired, which it wasn’t. But it would not let us update or remove the card on either phone. I had to remove myself from the family plan to be able to remove and add a card. Now it won’t let me back on the plan with the wrong country/region error. But both are set to US. Have never been anything else. Logging out if iCloud and updating the OS did not help. Very frustrating.

Mar 10, 2024 8:18 PM in response to Neolocalist

Resolved -sort of. After living with two family accounts, one for my spouse and daughter, the other for me and my parent’s two phones, I deleted my account and resent invites from my wife’s account (our original account). Everyone got the same wrong country code message but it added everyone to the family account anyway. So, same error but different result. Apple really needs to figure this out.

Jan 15, 2024 3:54 PM in response to AndreaP6778

Same issue here. I invited 5 family members. 4 have accepted without issue. The 5th person, my step dad sees the Country/Region Does Not Match message when he receives the invite. I am using iPhone 15 Pro. Step dads is using iPhone 14 Pro. Regions are set to United States. Step dad lives one mile away. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Family Sharing Problem With Country/Region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.