Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 15 battery health dropped in one month of usage

i bought iPhone 15 on 22 October. And after 25 cycles battery health dropped to 99 and after 30 cycles on 4 December battery health dropped to 98. I am a normal user i don’t play games, i use only few social media apps that’s it. This is not normal because earlier battery health used to drop to 98-99 after one year. I have seen few more users reporting this issue with 15 pro max and 15 plus also. I feel Apple wants everyone to buy iPhone every year or pay for batteries every year. This is pathetic experience.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2024 5:57 AM

I got also 98% in one month and the battery cycle is 30. Please tell me the solution. I have 15

16 replies

Dec 5, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Nishant1995

This is perfectly normal, if your other phone only degraded 1% in a year, then there was something wrong with the sensor.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone. This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Apr 9, 2024 1:38 PM in response to congratulation

congratulation wrote:

I bought iphone 15 pro max less than 2 months later, the battery health has dropped from 100% to 99%

That's within normal parameters.

and this phone heats up a lot and the battery also drains fast. What is this? I am very stressed.

Do you mean it heats up and shuts off? Or do you mean that you see the notification that your phone has stopped charging until it cools down? If the former, you may have a hardware issue. The latter is normal behaviour if you have Optimized Battery charging enabled. And how fast is "fast"?

Life is much better if you don't try to micromanage your iPhone battery.

May 7, 2024 7:43 AM in response to Nishant1995

Hi! I have an iPhone 15 for almost 5 months (Bought on December 10) and my battery health dropped at 97%. I m so worried because I don’t think it’s normal to drain like that when I have my 80% limit too and rarely charged at 90-100% (happened 4-5 times at the begging). I charge my phone when is 18-19% and I have 172 cycle count. If there is someone to help me with advice, thanks!🙏🏻

May 7, 2024 7:48 AM in response to Georgianaaa

Georgianaaa wrote:

Hi! I have an iPhone 15 for almost 5 months (Bought on December 10) and my battery health dropped at 97%. I m so worried because I don’t think it’s normal to drain like that when I have my 80% limit too and rarely charged at 90-100% (happened 4-5 times at the begging). I charge my phone when is 18-19% and I have 172 cycle count. If there is someone to help me with advice, thanks!

What you're seeing is normal.

You can charge your phone whenever you want. There is no need to wait to some arbitrary percentage.

iPhone 15 battery health dropped in one month of usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.