iOS 17.2 WiFi connectivity issues

I updated to iOS 17.2 and have been experiencing WiFi connectivity problems and related speed problems. I can usually “fix” this by powering my phone off (iPhone 13 pro max). Sometimes I have to power off more than once. WiFi calling also seems to be having issues (randomly not working). Anyone else having either of these issues?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 13, 2023 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 5:56 PM

Same issue on a 14 ProMax. WiFi keeps dropping out for no reason. Every other device is connected with no issue. Including multiple Apple TVs, other iPhones, iPads and Macs. Highly frustrating especially since 17.2 was supposed to FIX these issues.

58 replies

Dec 19, 2023 3:42 AM in response to DDZ73

Iphone 15 pro max and ios 17.2 definitely has wifi bugs! On settings- wifi shows I am connected to the wifi but on top right side of screen it shows 5g no wifi connection and my performance is dropping so its using 5g… means how I am maybe 15 feet from the tp link wifi 7 deco 16000 mesh unit… smh ios 17 has been a big disappointment honestly so far

Jan 8, 2024 6:49 AM in response to DDZ73

Still having major issues with connectivity to WiFi with all my Apple devices! (iPhones, Apple Watch, iPads, Mac). When is Apple going to get this fixed! Extremely cumbersome especially for iPads and computers! They have know of this issues for over 3 months and still no fix! Anybody have any tips. Have reset networks on all devices, shut off and on so many times! No other devices but Apple have this issue.

Dec 29, 2023 4:52 AM in response to DDZ73

For the past two weeks, I have been in contact with TP-Link Deco Wi-Fi engineers, explaining the issues and providing logs from the router. They have now identified that these issues occur when the device attempts to switch from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or 6 GHz on the iPhone 15 Pro Max. They have also tested other Apple devices (non-iPhone), such as the Apple TV and MacBook, and have confirmed that this issue does not occur on them. They are currently working with the Apple support team to determine whether this is a software or hardware issue. The devices are struggling to switch frequencies smoothly, resulting in disconnection from the router. Hopefully, a solution can be found soon. TP-Link's R&D team has been working on recreating the issues and has successfully done so. They will be presenting their findings to Apple.

Dec 22, 2023 6:24 AM in response to DDZ73

*** POSSIBLE SOLUTION for WiFi problems! For iphone 15 pro models … After consulting with Apple and my router company, I discovered a potential solution. Go to Settings, select WiFi, then press the little "i" in the circle on the right side of your connected WiFi. In the middle, you should see "WiFi 6E mode" - change it from automatic to off. I have done this and the results have been excellent so far. I will continue to keep you updated. (If this is the problem, Apple really needs to address and fix it.)

Jan 19, 2024 11:43 PM in response to DDZ73

I got this wifi problem 3 days ago on my iPhone 11 and I thought something's wrong with the hardware. Then I upgraded it to iPhone 12. Same thing!

My problem: It (my iPhone 11 or iPhone12) can intermittently connect to my mesh network (1x ASUS TUF GAMING AX4200 + 1x ASUS RT-AX57). 90% it fails! It can acquire the IP but most of the time (after waiting for tens of minutes) "Router", which is supposed to by the main router's IP, is empty; if it's not empty, then "No internet" appears under my Wifi name (with a tick indicating Wifi connection is established).

Tries:

1. Disable Wifi 6 on my network
  2. Disable Limit Address Tracking and/or Private Wifi Address on my iPhone
  3. Reset my iPhone's Network settings
  4. Reboot my iPhone

NONE WORK!!!! The circle next to my Wifi name just turns around and around!

Apple is becoming worse and worse... So frustrated!

iOS 17.2 WiFi connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.