Journal App missing on iPad after updating to iPadOS 17.2

The Journal app couldn’t be found on my iPad 9th Gen after updating to 17.2.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Dec 30, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2024 2:41 PM

Sending a second or third motion to have the Journal app on the Ipad (and not the phone). It seems silly that it would be on the phone when we can hardly see the screen and can't write on it easily....as opposed to the ipad with a PENCIL....and bigger screen. Thank you for making us spoiled...please help! I am so over the top hooked on my ipad; it seems unfair to have to wait for a journal app to make its way over to the ipad. Thank you!

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2024 2:41 PM in response to Ydarli

Sending a second or third motion to have the Journal app on the Ipad (and not the phone). It seems silly that it would be on the phone when we can hardly see the screen and can't write on it easily....as opposed to the ipad with a PENCIL....and bigger screen. Thank you for making us spoiled...please help! I am so over the top hooked on my ipad; it seems unfair to have to wait for a journal app to make its way over to the ipad. Thank you!

Jan 26, 2024 10:08 PM in response to Avimangal

Avimangal wrote:

We the seniors find big sreen easy for typing.

Please don't presume to speak for all seniors. This senior is perfectly happy typing on an iPhone.

Apple doesn't read here for feedback or suggestions. However, you should let them know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, I highly recommend DayOne. It has an iPad version for anyone, regardless of age, who would prefer journaling on an iPad.

Jan 24, 2024 7:52 AM in response to DirrtyCraig

DirrtyCraig wrote:

Yeah, so was looking for journal this morning. Saw the app on my phone but I start my mornings on the iPad Pro with keyboard, or my MacBook Pro with keyboard.. like most people?

Check out DayOne. It has apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and can be used through a browser. On the iPhone, it can also access Apple's journaling prompts.

Why in the world would Apple not launch this across devices with cloud support. Huge fail.

No one here in this user-to-user forum would be able to answer that.

Mar 14, 2024 9:28 AM in response to iPad10user

iPad10user wrote:

where’s the calculator app for iPad I’m sick of the 3rd party ones with adds while I’m trying to study

While Apple has not released a native Calculator App is not available for iPad, there are many free and paid third-party alternatives.

One of the very best calculators in the App Store - arguably superior to the Apple Calculator, completely free and without advertisements - is Sci:Pro Calculator:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/sci-pro-calculator/id684978583

Mar 14, 2024 9:38 AM in response to iPad10user

iPad10user wrote:

Hopefully Apple sees this…..why in the world would you not put the journal app on iPad….it has a pencil for writing aka journaling. Do they even do consumer testing with average ppl? I swear the logic makes no sense with the way they conceptualize things. For the sanctity of IPhone bring back fingerprint id. And GIVE ME JOURNAL APP FOR iPad so I can stop using notes and have a native app for journaling & oh yeah where’s the calculator app for iPad I’m sick of the 3rd party ones with adds while I’m trying to study

Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. However, you can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 16, 2024 8:24 AM in response to Baselgirl

Baselgirl wrote:

It seems silly not to have Journal App in iPad Pro - 9th Gen. When would that be available?

No one here in this user-to-user forum would know the answer to that. Apple doesn't post announcements here. Nor do they read here for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, use one of the much better journal apps available for the iPad.

Mar 19, 2024 8:19 AM in response to iPad10user

iPad10user wrote:

Yes I am aware as some informed me this the first time I posted this which was months ago, but I beg to differ since Apple removed the original post stating it wasn't constructive they would have had to read it to determine it as such.

The Hosts, who moderate this forum and are Apple employees, are the people who removed your post. They would have removed your post because someone reported it. At that point, they would have read your post solely to determine if it violated the terms of use. They do not, however, read here for feedback or suggestions to pass on to Apple engineers and developers.

So, if you would rather post here telling me I'm wrong about where to submit feedback instead of submitting it where Apple has explicitly said they will read it, well, it's your time to waste.

Journal App missing on iPad after updating to iPadOS 17.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.