[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 2, 2024 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 12:39 AM

I have turned off all restrictions but it’s still the same

35 replies

May 21, 2024 1:49 AM in response to Acehighlights12

If your Apple ID shows " Sign-out is not available due to restriction.", then there are some reasons that can cause this.

Please check if your device is under these conditions.

1. Screen time is enabled.
  2. Your Apple ID is a child account or in a family group, the organizer sets some limitations, under parental control.(For example, the organizer can set a screen time on your device.)
  3. Your device is under MDM control.

If is the screen time issue, to turn off Screen Time on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and tap on "Screen Time."
  3. Inside Screen Time settings, scroll down and find the option "Turn Off Screen Time."
  4. Tap on "Turn Off Screen Time." You might need to enter your Screen Time passcode if you have set one.

If is the Apple ID account issue, all you can do is find a way to remove your Apple ID account from a family group by talking to the organizer(your parent) or removing it from the device.

If is an MDM issue, all you can do is talk to the company, the family, or the school to remove the MDM or remove it yourself.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

About privacy and security for Apple products in education - Apple Support

If your apple id is under control, the best way is ask for the one who set control to remove it, or ask for apple support for help, still, if none of these can help you, you can check out this, this might help, won't hurt to give it a try.Method to Sign Out Apple ID

Apr 3, 2024 6:55 AM in response to hemamaliniabishek

hemamaliniabishek wrote:

i have logged in with a new apple ID but in app store when i am trying to update apps it is asking for the password of the previously logged in apple id(which I am not owning)

Any app the was previously download with the old Apple ID can only be updated when providing the password for the Apple ID that downloaded it. You will need to delete the app and download it again under your new Apple ID. You will lose any data associated with the app and will need to purchase it again if it was not free.

To make sure any new downloads will use your new Apple ID, you can check in these locations:

• Settings > [name on top] > Media & Purchases
  • Go to the App Store and tap your user icon in the upper right to verify that it is using your current Apple ID.

Apr 1, 2024 5:24 PM in response to bbbffyfsrr

Post the screenshot at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Account Changes. This should be set to "Allow".

If it is set to "Don't Allow" then you will see it greyed out when you attempt to sign out of your Apple ID. Another time it will be greyed out is if you have MDM (Mobile Device Management) software installed for a school or work environment that will prevent you from signing out of the Apple ID.

Apr 29, 2024 10:26 PM in response to Acehighlights12

The problem with appleid and changes is that if you cancel your appleid (inadvertently or otherwise) that is it. Apple locks out your appleid. It can NEVER be recovered. IF you did this without signing out on your iphone or whatever you can NEVER go back and get out of it. You also cannot sign back in to it because Apple have taken control of it and you are in a total mess. This has happened to me.

I can only establish a new Apple id but I cannot deal with any apps previously downloaded. I am blocked all the way.

Apple cannot/will noit do anything but if I can provide proof of purcahse they may be able to help. The phone I have was passed to me by my son. He purchased it 4 years or more ago and he has no documentation relating to its purchase. Not that that would be any good because Apple do not understand the process of transferring data from one phone to another and proof of his purchase ius irrelevant. I do not have anything re my earliert iphone from which my data was transferred.

So Apple have effectively locked me out of my iphone and apps and I am stymied with doing anything unless I call them and they take me through (a 1 to 2 hour call) to do a temporary work around. I am diabetic and run my hearing aids through the phone. Getting the apps refreshed is a major issue for me (at age 77).

But there is nothing Apple WILL do (it is not so hard to restore my old Apple id but no way can they help a customers.

So my only option is to buy an Android phone and get away from this closed Apple loop.

I do not really want to do that because the lue tooth that Apple employ is effective with hearing aid control and the new (non-captive to Apple) bvlue tooth wont be available until 2027. I wait for the day!!

In the meantime as an Apple user of all products as they appeared on the market from 1992 I feel horribly let down by this cumbersome organisation that cannot address and resolve customer requirements. They are now a dictatorial law unto themselves - unfortunately.

Apr 30, 2024 7:30 AM in response to maitaiproton

maitaiproton wrote:

The problem with appleid and changes is that if you cancel your appleid (inadvertently or otherwise) that is it. Apple locks out your appleid. It can NEVER be recovered.

That point is true. Deleting your Apple ID is not something that can happen accidentally by pushing a wrong button and when you do it, you are met with several warnings on what will happen. Apple does not save your information on their servers, which is why there is nothing that they would be able to restore. That is what I expect from a company and do not want them saving my information for privacy concerns. They also provide a support article on what happens when you do delete the Apple ID:

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

The relevant portions that cannot be ignored are:

• When your Apple ID account is deleted, your account details and the data associated with your Apple ID are permanently deleted from Apple’s servers.
  • Photos, videos, documents, and other content that you stored in iCloud are permanently deleted; 
  • Deleting your Apple ID is permanent. After your account is deleted, Apple can't reopen or reactivate your account or restore your data.
  • Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.
  • When you delete your account, you can't access any App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books services with this Apple ID. 

Apr 16, 2024 6:34 PM in response to gt242

gt242 wrote:

Still the same thing. I have turn off and on several times

If your Apple ID is greyed out, post a screenshot of this page at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. You may need to enter the Screen Time passcode and make sure to include the section that shows Account Changes.

Also review Settings > General > VPN & Device Management, and make sure there are no profiles installed there.

Feb 24, 2024 2:40 PM in response to VadaPav1

VadaPav1 wrote:

Even though account changes are allowed, logoot is disabled.

Then you have a profile installed on your device that prevents you from logging out. This is common in many school or work environments.

If you just tried changing the Screen Time setting to allow Account Changes, then shut off Screen Time altogether by going to Settings > Screen Time > Turn Off Screen Time. Restart your device after you make that change.

I can't sign out of my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.