Contact Card Keeps Popping Up

My contact card keeps popping up on its own in my MacBook Pro. I can be working on anything or using any program/app and it randomly pops-up a window with my contact card and the option to pick another contact. It looks like your standard right-click menu, but only with those two options to select from. I'm not pressing any keys or selecting any options. It just does it on its own and it's very annoying. I haven't found a discussion out there yet. Help!

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Feb 2, 2024 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2024 2:54 PM

It looks like this

Similar questions

11 replies

Feb 2, 2024 9:39 AM in response to vdcenteno

vdcenteno wrote:

My contact card keeps popping up on its own in my MacBook Pro. I can be working on anything or using any program/app and it randomly pops-up a window with my contact card and the option to pick another contact. It looks like your standard right-click menu, but only with those two options to select from. I'm not pressing any keys or selecting any options. It just does it on its own and it's very annoying. I haven't found a discussion out there yet. Help!

Not sure what this looks like...

To trouble shoot further you can:

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most* extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

unplug all third party peripherals when testing

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Contact Card Keeps Popping Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.