You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro is not starting because of malware

Earlier I was getting malware pop up, but nothing was caught by antivirus. So ignored the pop up for while. But now mac is not starting, getting below pop up.

Worst part is touch pad does not work so I am not able to select an option. How should is solve this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 12:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 9:59 AM

mac_user_p wrote:

Earlier I was getting malware pop up, but nothing was caught by antivirus. So ignored the pop up for while. But now mac is not starting, getting below pop up.
Worst part is touch pad does not work so I am not able to select an option. How should is solve this issue?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/42ee24e4-eaac-440f-b25f-044173fb7add

Anti-virus...?

Third party AntiVirus is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apple’s own built in security:

macOS - Security - Apple macOS - Security - Apple

Apple Platform Security - Apple Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

reference—

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

If you are stuck—

You can always You can always force quit a shutdown by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Force Shut down your Mac.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support may get you further. Login and test, see if you can do some house cleaning involving your issue.

reboot as normal and test

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2024 9:59 AM in response to mac_user_p

mac_user_p wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/42ee24e4-eaac-440f-b25f-044173fb7add

Anti-virus...?

Third party AntiVirus is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apple’s own built in security:

macOS - Security - Apple macOS - Security - Apple

Apple Platform Security - Apple Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

reference—

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

If you are stuck—

You can always You can always force quit a shutdown by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

Force Shut down your Mac.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support may get you further. Login and test, see if you can do some house cleaning involving your issue.

reboot as normal and test

My MacBook Pro is not starting because of malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.