Unable to deauthorize devices on Apple Music

I recently resubscribed to Apple Music after having tried out Spotify instead for a few years. Upon returning, I was unable to authorize any of my current devices since I had previously authorized 5 devices years ago.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to any of those older devices.

When following the official Apple guide, Authorize or deauthorize your computer for Apple ID purchases - Apple Support, the instructions state to go to Account > Account settings, and then click the "Deauthorize All" button.

On two of my devices, a MacStudio and MacBook Pro, both running Music version 1.4.29 and 1.4.2.83 respectively, my Account Settings page did not look like that at all.

As you can see in the screenshot below, there is no option to deauthorize all on Music 1.4.

I contacted Apple Support and they were unable to help me.

Lucky for me, I had a third device that still has Music version 1.3.6.14 and its Account Settings page looked similar to the official guide above and I was able to successfully Deauthorize All of my older devices and then manually authorize my new ones.

If I didn't have that third device using the older Music app version, I would have been completely stuck.

Is there any other way to report this to Apple so that the bug can be resolved in <1.4?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Studio

Posted on Feb 18, 2024 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 2:58 PM

To anyone that comes across this, the solution is in this comment.

Reached out to Apple Support. If you do not see the Deauthorize All button in Account Settings via Apple Music or Apple TV, you can go to System Settings > Click on your Apple ID > Click on Media & Purchases > Under Account click on Manage Button. You should now see the Deauthorize All button. Click on Deauthorize All and then Authorize your device via Apple Music or Apple TV.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2024 2:58 PM in response to AndrewMRiv

To anyone that comes across this, the solution is in this comment.

Reached out to Apple Support. If you do not see the Deauthorize All button in Account Settings via Apple Music or Apple TV, you can go to System Settings > Click on your Apple ID > Click on Media & Purchases > Under Account click on Manage Button. You should now see the Deauthorize All button. Click on Deauthorize All and then Authorize your device via Apple Music or Apple TV.

Feb 23, 2024 6:17 PM in response to AndrewMRiv

Unable to deauthorize devices on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.