Ticketmaster app freezing on My Events page

I am signed into the Ticketmaster app. When first opening the Home page loads, I can navigate to the For You page, the Sell page and the My Account page but when trying to open the My Events page the app freezes and I'm not able to navigate back to any other page without closing the app and reopening. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I've tried logging out and back in. I've tried restarting my phone. Nothing fixes the issue. If l login to Ticketmaster through a browser I am able to see all my events/tickets. How can I fix the app issue?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 6:18 PM

The best workaround I found was to download the live nation app which is also Ticketmaster and same login my events works fine in that app

27 replies

Mar 3, 2024 2:06 PM in response to purple_79

This happens to me as well. Ticketmaster is no help and Apple has not provided any help on this topic. I have a workaround I use by saving a Safari favorite to Ticketmaster on my home screen. At least that is quick navigation to my Ticketmaster account and tickets through Safari (on iPhone 14) but it is clunking and irritates me that the app no longer functions properly when trying to view my tickets.

Mar 28, 2024 3:18 PM in response to purple_79

As of today, 3/28/24, the Ticketmaster page is still frozen. I took someone's advise and downloaded Live Nation, logged in using my Ticketmaster ID, and was able to open the page and add my tickets to my wallet. The app looks the same: except it works!!! You would think with the millions of dollars Ticketmaster charges for 'service fees' they would have someone fixing their app: but I guess they can't afford this. Service must mean 'line my pockets' and not serve the customers.

Mar 9, 2024 7:37 PM in response to purple_79

I have the same problem with the My Events page on my iPhone 15 pro. This seems to be a problem with iPhone 14 and 15 from looking at this thread. My iPhone 10 and 13 pro did not have this problem. The Genius bar person recommended completely wiping and resetting the phone then DO NOT RESTORE FROM ANY BACKUP, cloud or especially phone to phone. You'll need to manually download every app. You can do this from AppStore, click your face for your account, click Apps and click download on each one.

I suspect that setting up a new model phone from an old model phone with phone-to-phone restore is the problem.

When I initially set up my iPhone 15, I used the phone to phone copy from iPhone 13 to 15 to copy over username and passwords for most apps. I also have problems with apps that use the camera like the built in camera app which has a hard time identifying QR codes, and other apps that scan bar codes or QR codes. The camera passed a hardware diagnostic test at the Genius bar. I have two theories:

• One theory is that phone-to-phone backup also copies over system libraries that overwrite iPhone 15 libs with incompatible iPhone 13 libs.
  • Another theory is that phone-to-phone backup copies the iPhone 13 specific app application binaries, which are incompatible with the iPhone 15, and when you completely uninstall an app, it does not actually remove all app files and/or installing a new app does not actually overwrite prior app files.

For both theories, the phone needs to be wiped with a clean vanilla iPhone 15 image.

However, I doubt system or application libs/binaries on the iPhone are not stored in the cloud, just the reference to the installed apps and app data, so restoring from the cloud will pull the iPhone 15 specific application binaries from App Store.

Has anyone either:

• Setup your iPhone 14 or 15 without restoring any backup (cloud, phone, or desktop/laptop backup), then installed TicketMaster. Did this fix the problem with ticketmaster?
  • Setup your iPhone 14 or 15 and restored from cloud (not from a phone or desktop backup). Did this fixed the problem?

Mar 9, 2024 8:16 PM in response to JGDC

I'm pretty sure that some or most or all Apple applications like Notes and Contacts store your data in your Apple account. So if you reset your phone, don't restore anything, then sign in with your Apple Id, you'll get your Notes and Contacts. But it is still a pain if you have 100 apps to click to download them all, then sign into them all.

Restoring from the cloud does not remember your user ids and passwords, just the applications. But restoring from a phone copies over your user and password. However, I suspect it copies over libs and executables that it should not.

Mar 29, 2024 12:17 PM in response to FastGuitar

Amazing and I can't believe I did not think of this. I tried what WineboyNapa did, which is to use the Live Nation app (I already had it installed). It required login via a browser window (same for Ticket Master app). After I logged in and went back to the Live Nation app, I was able to switch to the My Tickets screen in the Live Nation app.

Also the Safari web browser in iPhone works to show tickets when logging into ticketmaster.com

I've had mixed results at shows trying to use the tickets from the Apple Wallet. I recommend either using the LiveNation app or ticketmaster.com on mobile web browser to show the dynamic barcode or qr code for entry.

Apr 3, 2024 11:26 PM in response to purple_79

It seems like you've already tried some of the common troubleshooting steps without success. The issue with the Ticketmaster app freezing when trying to access the "My Events" page appears to be a known problem that others have experienced as well. Here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. https://www.bing.com/search?form=SKPBOT&q=Update%20the%20App: Make sure you have the latest version of the Ticketmaster app installed, as updates often fix known issues https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255506559.

https://www.bing.com/search?form=SKPBOT&q=Check%20for%20iOS%20Updates: Sometimes, app performance issues can be related to the operating system. Ensure your device's iOS is up to date by going to Settings > General >Software Update https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255506559.

3. https://www.bing.com/search?form=SKPBOT&q=Use%20an%20Alternative%20App: Some users have found that using the Live Nation app, which is also operated by Ticketmaster and uses the same login, doesn't have the same issue with the "My Events" page https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255506559.

https://www.bing.com/search?form=SKPBOT&q=Contact%20Support: If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Ticketmaster's customer support for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance or inform you about any ongoing technical issues.

5. https://www.bing.com/search?form=SKPBOT&q=Workaround: As a temporary workaround, you can save the Ticketmaster website as a favorite on your home screen for quick access to your account and tickets through the browser https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255506559.

If none of these solutions work, it might be necessary to wait for a fix from Ticketmaster if the issue is on their end. Keep an eye on their updates or any announcements regarding the app's performance issues.

Mar 10, 2024 3:09 PM in response to Frozenfox

Hi @FrozenFox, when you initially set up your new iPhone 15 (when you first got it, or after you chose "Erase All Content and Settings"

, did you restore anything from a backup, or skipped that step, then installed TicketMaster from App Store. The four options you have on setup to restore your apps and data are, "From iCloud Bakup", "From Another iPhone" , "From Mac or PC", "From Android Device". Did you skip this step?

That would indicate that this is a bug in the TicketMaster app specific to iPhone 14 and 15. It should occur for every user of TM on iPhone 14 and 15.

I'm assuming there are at least 100,000 people now who have either iPhone 14 or 15 and use the TM app. However, this is the first forum board I've found describing this problem with the "Events Page". I think the only way to fix it is for all of us to report the bug to ticket master support. If enough people report a problem, TM may devote dev effort to fix it.

Also when you are testing delete/install, are you talking about the TM app, or the entire iPhone?

I'm thinking of going to an apple store or other place that sells them and installing TM on one of their demo models to see if it has the same problem.

Somewhat good news is that the web browser version of TM shows tickets with the dynamic bar code, so I'll try that next concert, but I'm also bringing my iPhone 10 as a backup.

Mar 9, 2024 7:56 PM in response to FastGuitar

"The Genius bar person recommended completely wiping and resetting the phone then DO NOT RESTORE FROM ANY BACKUP, cloud or especially phone to phone."

wouldn't that mean that you'd have to manually re-input every contact, and you'd lose all your notes?

if so, it's a complete nonstarter and apple really needs to figure out an actual fix, rather than telling people to spend hours trying to manually recreate years of data.

Ticketmaster app freezing on My Events page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.