Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Whatsapp App not linking to Whatsapp Desktop

Hello there,

I cannot get my whatsapp (ip 15 pro max) to link to whatsapp desktop(windows).

It always appears error and reverts back to first page that have to click get started.

But I can link to whatsapp web and android phone.

I'm sure it's not internet connection problem, because I use the same wifi connection for all device.

Have tried everything including deleting current versions and reinstalling. Both on iphone and desktop.

I have tried to link another phone to the same whatsapp desktop and it worked, I have tried another whatsapp desktop from another laptop also the same issue can't connect. so what is the issue?

PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 19, 2024 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 5:03 AM

I'm encountering the same error here! I just switched from an Android phone to an iPhone 15 Pro Max, and now the desktop app isn't working. It worked just fine with my Android phone. I had to transfer the WhatsApp data from the Android to the iPhone; could that somehow be the problem?

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2024 5:03 AM in response to linlineee

I'm encountering the same error here! I just switched from an Android phone to an iPhone 15 Pro Max, and now the desktop app isn't working. It worked just fine with my Android phone. I had to transfer the WhatsApp data from the Android to the iPhone; could that somehow be the problem?

Apr 4, 2024 5:43 AM in response to linlineee

Took me several tries to get by the awful WhatsApp support robot but I was finally able to report the error to WhatsApp and they are aware. I'm guessing this will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, WhatsApp Web will work as a workaround (https://web.whatsapp.com/).

This was their official answer yesterday:

Thanks for reporting this. We’re aware there’s an ongoing issue on WhatsApp and we’re working to resolve it as soon as possible. We’ll share your report with the team working on this issue and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Whatsapp App not linking to Whatsapp Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.