Change HomePod mini account remotely to family member

I am overseas and my son has HomePod mini at home which I can view remotely on my iPad.

The HomePod is logged into my account (primary user) which means there is no filtering to what he listens to (he is 12).

I have set up family sharing and got him iCloud account but how do I change his HomePod remotely to make it work with his account and not mine?

On a second point when viewing the HomePod remotely using the Home App I can see when the HomePod is playing but when I click to see what he is listening to all the details are blanked out (including controls such as volume etc.). Any way to fix this?

Thanks

iPad Pro (5th generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2024 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:05 AM

To change the HomePod mini's account remotely, ensure your son is part of Family Sharing, then ask him to reset the device and set it up with his iCloud account using the Home app. Make sure both your iCloud accounts have Home Sharing enabled. If the issue persists, contact Apple Support for assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply

Change HomePod mini account remotely to family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.