Bridging Matter devices with HomeKit - random & unreliable

it’s clear that HomeKit is not fully compatible with the Matter ecosystem. There have been a number of threads on this (incl Philips Hue, Hive, Eve) none has found a resolution. It seems random as to whether you are lucky and get your hub to pair.

I have three hubs that should all be able to pair with HomeKit: Philips Hue, Hive and Powerview.

Up until this week the Hue & Hive hubs were happily bridged with HomeKit. I had spent the past month trying to add the Powerview hub, and had been in touch with Hunter Douglas support, following every piece of guidance but still got an “incorrect setup code” error.

I thought the Powerview hub must be faulty as Hive (which I’ve been using for years) & Hue (setup just last month) both worked okay.

Then on Thursday my Hive hub went on the blink and I replaced it on Friday. And the new Hive hub will not bridge to HomeKit and returns the same “incorrect setup code” error message as the Powerview.

I’ve Googled the s**t out of this issue and it’s obvious the issue lies with Apple.

Yes I know the wifi needs to be 2.4ghz, make sure software & firmware is latest version, reboot router and every other device. I’ve deleted & reinstalled the apps, removed and added hubs back to their native apps. And still…

I think most users give up trying to add to Home and just use the native app to access/control their devices. Or perhaps buy an Alexa, and give up on Siri.

Apple needs to sort this out.

Posted on Mar 24, 2024 1:25 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Bridging Matter devices with HomeKit - random & unreliable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.