can't reply to discussions on iPad

I have a new iMac and so I've posted several questions to the discussion forum lately. I've found that when I try to post a follow-up reply to one of the responses on my iPad, I get an error that my session has expired — mere moments after I'd signed in. So I click the error and sign in again. My response disappears, but a (linked) message says it's still available as a draft. But when I click that to reload the draft (or even if I re-type my reply), the "session has expired" error reappears.

I'm only seeing this on my iPad, but not on my iMac. Anyone have any thoughts?

TIA, Jeff 🤔😉😊

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 9:42 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2024 4:44 PM in response to Jeff Mark

Jeff Mark wrote:

I have a new iMac and so I've posted several questions to the discussion forum lately. I've found that when I try to post a follow-up reply to one of the responses on my iPad, I get an error that my session has expired — mere moments after I'd signed in. So I click the error and sign in again. My response disappears, but a (linked) message says it's still available as a draft. But when I click that to reload the draft (or even if I re-type my reply), the "session has expired" error reappears.

I'm only seeing this on my iPad, but not on my iMac. Anyone have any thoughts?

TIA, Jeff 🤔😉😊

This happens periodically. You can try clearing Safari data on your iPad in Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

Other than that, there's not much that can be done on this end.

can't reply to discussions on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.