MBA 2020 can't connect w Canon wireless w/office printer anymore; used to be able to! can't reconnect.

I work p/t in an office & use my MBA 2020. I have Sonoma 14.1 installed. Started getting a pop up message saying not connect about a month ago (I am there 1x week). Before this started, it DID run fine with this printer.

So here's what I've tried:

deleted the printer driver that was no longer connecting/working (Canon ImageRunner ADV DX printer, model is 527IF.

Step 1

> Opened system settings menu on MBA, went to System Settings/printers & scanners/ clicked ADD printer, scanner or fax.

>The system started to search for the Printer on the Wifi (I confirmed I was on the right wifi network before proceeding. NOTHING happened. Nor did the system ID other printers (not surprising)...

Step 2

I then shut down the MBA totally; rebooted 5 min later. Tried the above again, still not finding the printer.

Step 3

After the above, I reopened the Add printer screen, but the only printers on the name list were my 2 home printers, already installed and working fine.

>> Went to search for the printer by name.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 7:09 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 28, 2024 7:33 AM in response to NJpsychout

I work p/t in an office & use my MBA 2020. I have Sonoma 14.1 installed. Started getting a pop up message saying not connect about a month ago (I am there 1x week). Before this started, it DID run fine with this printer.

So here's what I've tried:

Step 1

> Opened system settings menu on MBA, went to System Settings/printers & scanners

clicked ADD printer, scanner or fax.

>> the only printers on screen were my 2 home printers; and the Canon IR ADV Dx 527iF, the one that is not working.

>>>The system started to search for the Printer on the Wifi (I confirmed I was on the right wifi network before proceeding. NO hits.

Step 2

I then shut down the MBA totally; rebooted 5 min later.

>> Went to Printer menu; deleted the old driver (the line on the list) that wasn't working. It was gone.

>> Clicked on Add Printer button; NO printers were found.

>> In the search box, I typed name of printer model in -- did not find.

>> tried another variation of the printer model # still no hits

Step 4

Called our IT guy; he told me that it should have auto populated when I searched for it; Given that it did not, he was not sure what to do and suggested I reach out to you all.

Any/all ideas would be appreciated!)

TIA.

MBA 2020 can't connect w Canon wireless w/office printer anymore; used to be able to! can't reconnect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.