Samsung Xpress M283X printer now longer direct printing from IOS 17.4 iphone or ipad but works on wifi network from windows dell computers

I have read all of the community helps on this and they dont seem to work

• Reset everything in the sequence sugested
  • Checked Samsung Wireless Setup. Samsung Printer experience, and Samsung Easy Printer managers and all software and firmware appears to be up-to-date. Apple says this type of printer is supported, i think although they list a particular M283xx model

• Tried printer resets like forget the network and turning off private addressing. That does not work.
  • I have three versions of the printer networking that appear to be working, all using the wifi print network drivers One was set up printer WI-FIf network router. Second is to computer that direct connects through wired ethernet when set up with the printers easy set up function and the third for another computer that connects to the wifi wirelessly All of these work interchangeably but when I check the Samsung Printer configuation is says that IPv6 is not configured although not sure that is relevant The airprint printing worked until IOS upgraded to 17 Currently running17.4 on both i[pone and ipad and still not working
  • I had tried to use the samsung smart printer software but that does not work I also tried to direct connect phone using the printers WPS function but all that seemed to do was create one of the printers that works with computers but not the iphone or ipad directly
  • Im at a loss about what to do.

iPad (6th generation)

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 7:41 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 28, 2024 10:18 AM in response to macmanCLE

Hi,

Is your printer one of the following?

• Samsung Xpress M2830DW
  • Samsung Xpress M2835DW
  • Samsung Xpress M2836DW

If so, it is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support (en-us version, March 13, 2024) as a supported model.

An AirPrint-supported printer should work with iOS without an additional app, provided that the printer and the iPhone/iPad are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Do not expect a direct wireless connection iPhone/iPad to printer to work with AirPrint.

AirPrint can be used with the printer wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi router or wired by Ethernet to one of the LAN ports.

If there is a problem with the printer wirelessly connected to the router, you may want to carry out a test with Ethernet instead. Ethernet may be more stable, and some typical Wi-Fi issues may be avoided. The iPhone/Pad would, of course, still connect wirelessly to the router.

Mar 28, 2024 3:30 PM in response to macmanCLE

Thank you for the information.

You may want to have a look at the following user tip by Lawrence Finch:

AirPrint Troubleshooting - Apple Community

AirPrint printing from an iPhone or iPad should be possible without an HP or Samsung iOS/iPadOS app.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05587132

https://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05790194.pdf#G11.5509466

Samsung Xpress M283X printer now longer direct printing from IOS 17.4 iphone or ipad but works on wifi network from windows dell computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.